"office 365 excel, word and power point does not work with the sony experia z4 – i bought office 365 with a bundle of 5 installs for 5 pcs and 5 office applications for my sony experia z ultra. Only One Note was downloaded but the excel, word and powerpoint apps did not install; outright it said the apps are not applicable to my device. What need I do to view PowerPoint on Xperia Z4? Is there any other wonderful PowerPoint viewer for Xperia? Thanks a lot in advance."
Nowadays, smartphones are not being used as single phone for calling and texting messages, but some business tools as well. People could use their smartphone to do more business, like viewing PowerPoint presentations. If you’re an Xperia Z4 user and happen to search a solution on how to view PowerPoint on Xperia Z4, this guide would be right where you should stop.
Part 1: View PowerPoint on Xperia Z4 with PowerPoint Viewer
As a popular smartphone, Xperia Z4 performs great with its excellent hardware configuration. To view PowerPoint on Xperia Z4, the easiest solution is to use PowerPoint viewer for Xperia Z4. If your Office 365 doesn’t work on your Xperia Z4, there is an alternative to Office 365 to help you play PowerPoint on Xperia. That’s Office Documents Viewer. It is a free PowerPoint viewer for Xperia users to view PowerPoint on Xperia smartphones with ease.
Office Documents Viewer is a small and fast Open Document Format (OpenOffice, LibreOffice) and OOXML (Microsoft Office) document viewing application. It allows opening office productivity application documents, like text files, spreadsheets or presentations, located in the filesystem, e.g. on sd card, as well downloaded documents, files on Dropbox, Box, or documents files attached to an email.
Main features of Office Documents Viewer:
- zooming in and out of documents
- searching inside documents
- copying text from documents
- reading text documents (.odt, .sxw, .docx, .doc) aloud via Android’s text-to-speech functionality
- printing documents via Google Cloud Print
- day/night mode (requires Android 4.0 or higher)
Supported file formats:
- OpenOffice 2.x, 3.x, 4.x and LibreOffice Open Document formats: .odt (Writer), .ods (Calc), .odp (Impress)
- OpenOffice 1.x formats: .sxw (Writer), .sxc (Calc) (no support for embedded images)
- Microsoft Office 2007 formats: .docx (Word), .xlsx (Excel, only plain cell values), .pptx (Powerpoint)
- Microsoft Office 97 formats: .doc (Word, plain text extraction only), .xls (Excel, only plain cell values)
- PDF (experimenal on Android 4.4 and lower, needs to be activated in the app settings)
- Other formats: RTF, HTML, .txt (plain text), .csv (comma-separated values), .tsv (tab-separated values)
Other alternative PowerPoint viewer apps for viewing PowerPoint on Xpeira Z4:
- MS PowerPoint for Mobile
- ThinkFree Office Mobile Viewer
- Kingsoft Office
- OfficeSuite Viewer
- Documents To Go 3.0 Main App
- Docs Viewer
Part 2: Convert PowerPoint to Xperia for Viewing PowerPoint on Xperia Z4
Besides using PowerPoint viewer for Xperia to view PowerPoint on Xperia Z4, you could also convert PowerPoint to Xperia video and then make use of Xperia Z4’s inner video player to play PowerPoint on Xperia Z4. You could handle the conversion in 2 different methods: use Microsoft PowerPoint and 3rd-party PowerPoint to video converter. No matter which method you would like to adopt, make clear about the multimedia specs of Xperia Z4 beforehand.
|Supported Media Files|
|Video||AVI, h.264 / AVC, MPEG-4|
|Audio||.AAC, FLAC, MP3, WAV, WMA|
|Picture||BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG|
Solution 1: Export PowerPoint to video within MS PowerPoint
The Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 and later versions include a new option named "Create a Video", which allows you to export PowerPoint to video in either MP4 or WMV format in a few simple clicks. You don’t need to use 3rd-party PowerPoint to video converter software. Detailed steps are listed below:
- After you have created PowerPoint file, save it on your computer.
- Go to "File" menu at the upper left corner and then navigate to "Export" tab.
- Choose "Create a Video" option. Then set output video resolution, narrations, and slide duration.
- Click the "Create Video" button and then choose a location to save the exported video, name output video and choose either WMV or MP4 as output format in "Save as type" box in the pop-up window. MP4 is recommended.
- After all these settings, click the "Save" button to start converting PowerPoint to video.
It’s really convenient for you to convert PowerPoint to video in MP4/WMV format. The limitation is quite obvious: you could only convert PowerPoint to video in either MP4 or WMV format. If you need to convert PowerPoint to video file in other formats like AVI or FLV, check the below solution.
Solution 2: Convert PowerPoint to video within PowerPoint to Video Converter
Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro is regarded as one of the best PowerPoint converter programs on the Internet. This software enables users to convert PowerPoint files to any videos they want, and the software provides more than 150 kinds of video and audio formats for users’ references. The software also offers detailed setting for the PowerPoint and converted video files, so it is very helpful for the video conversions of PowerPoint files. The following guidance will show you how to convert PowerPoint to MP4 for Sony Xperia Z4, and you are allowed to free download the software to have a try. Note that the trial version will add watermarks in the converted video.
PowerPoint to Video Pro
☉ Support PowerPoint 2000/2002/2003/2007/2010/2013.
☉ Support all PPT formats: PPT, PPTX, PPTM, PPS, PPSX, POT, POTX, POTM.
☉ Adjust video and audio parameters of output files.
☉ Customize PowerPoint files like: insert background music/watermark, set transition, real-time narration.
Download and install this PowerPoint to Video Pro on your computer via the above link. The following guidance will show you how to convert PowerPoint to Xperia video in details.
Step 1: Import PowerPoint files
Run Leawo PowerPoint to Video Pro on your computer. Click the "Add" button to add PowerPoint presentations into the PowerPoint converter.
Step 2: Set output format
Open the "Profile" box and then set output format from either "Common Video" group or "Android Mobile" group. Click "Output" box on the main interface to set output directory.
Step 3: Adjust video and audio parameters
If you need, click the "Settings" button to adjust video codec, bit rate, video size, aspect ratio, frame rate, audio codec, channel, etc.
Step 4: Customize PowerPoint files
You can click the "Customize" button on the main interface to edit PowerPoint files before converting: set PPT transition time, add PPT background music, adjust audio effect, change aspect ratio, apply watermark, etc.
Step 5: Convert PowerPoint to Xperia video
Finally, click the "Convert" button at the right bottom. This PowerPoint to Xperia converter would start to convert PowerPoint files to Xperia videos instantly.