To edit the video clip with the song you are fond of is one great thing to enjoy yourself. SoundCloud is one best platform to choose the music you like to use in iMovie. You can listen to millions of songs from around the world, and it also allows you to upload your own music for amusement. However, when it comes to how to put SoundCloud music on iMovie, you may not have any clue on how to make it. If you are lucky to read this guidance, this problem can be dealt with easily.
Part 1: How to Get SoundCloud Music for iMovie with Music Recorder
In order to settle how to add SoundCloud music to iMovie, first you need to download SoundCloud music to computer for later use. As for this downloading process, you can make use of a wonderful third-party tool, which is named Leawo Music Recorder. If you have not heard of this professional program, I would like to recommend you have a try with it, for it can record audios from different resources effectively with high quality, which can save you much time. Moreover, it could edit music tags with ease. Check out the steps shown below and you will be clear on how to get SoundCloud music to computer.
Step 1: Choose Computer Audio
Run Leawo Music Recorder on your computer and then hit the microphone button at the bottom left of the screen. In the panel that shows up, you need to choose “Record Computer Audio” to click on.
Step 2: Output Settings for Downloaded SoundCloud Music
Click on “Format” tab and then select “Output Format: mp3 Audio (*.mp3)”. You can also set the detailed parameters for the downloaded SoundCloud music, such as the audio codec, bit rate, and sample rate.
Afterwards, you need to hit on the tab of “General” to select a suitable folder on your computer to save the exported SoundCloud music files. The language setting is also available in this panel.
Step 3: Record SoundCloud Music and Download
Go back to the main interface of the program and then hit on the red button to start recording. You need to playback the SoundCloud music on computer at the same time. Thus, the tool can record the song smoothly. When the SoundCloud music is over, you need to hit the red record button again to end the recording procedure. The recorded SoundCloud music will be in the place that you have set on your computer.
After that, you can continue to solve how to add music from SoundCloud to iMovie by transferring the music to iPhone and then add to iMovie.
Part 2: How to Download SoundCloud Music for iMovie Directly
Except for Leawo Music Recorder, there are also some other feasible methods for you to download SoundCloud music for iMovie directly, including the online music downloader, Chrome extension, the official website and etc. Here I’d like to help you to realize this goal with these three solutions to facilitate you to fix how to get SoundCloud music on iMovie properly.
2.1 How to Download Music from SoundCloud for iMovie via Online Music Downloader
The online music downloader is various and you can choose one that suits you well. Here I would like to take KlickAud for instance to display you how to download music from SoundCloud to computer at ease.
1. On your computer, go to the website of SoundCloud and then find the music track that you desire to download to computer. Copy the URL of the music track from the address bar at the top of the web browser.
2. Go to the website of KlickAud and then paste the URL into the “DOWNLOAD” box.
3. Click on the “DOWNLOAD” button and then hit “DOWNLOAD THE SONG” in the next interface. Thus, the downloading process will be initiated. In a few seconds, the music will be available on your computer.
2.2 How to Download Music from SoundCloud for iMovie via Chrome Extension
It is also a great idea to download music from SoundCloud for iMovie with one browser extension for the aim of fixing how to import music from SoundCloud to iMovie. SoundCloud Downloader Free for Chrome is a perfect one that I suggest you have a try. The following instructions are for your reference.
1. On your computer, you need to go to the web browser of Chrome and then click on “Apps” to search for the Chrome extension of SoundCloud Downloader Free. Find it and then add it to Chrome.
2. From the website of SoundCloud, you need to find the track you would like to download to computer.
3. Hit the “Download” button that shows below every track or clicks on the “Download” button at the top of the music track to download a playlist.
Although this process is simple, you need to pay attention to the risk of virus infections to your computer if you download lots of files from SoundCloud via extensions.
2.3 How to Download Music from SoundCloud for iMovie via Official Website
To handle how to put SoundCloud music on iMovie, you can also first use the official website of SoundCloud to save your favorite to computer for later use.
1. Play a song on SoundCloud website.
2. If you see the button of “Download” below the music track, click on it to save the song to your computer.
This way is incredibly easy, but there are some limitations. Not all tracks can be downloaded via this method. Besides, you can only download one track at a time, and it is unable for you to download an entire playlist with this method.
Part 3: How to Transfer SoundCloud Music to iPhone with iTransfer and iTunes
When the SoundCloud music files are on computer local folder, it is time for you to transfer the songs to iPhone to continue to work out the issue of how to add SoundCloud music to iMovie. Leawo iTransfer and iTunes are both good tools for you to apply. The following contents will show you how to use these two programs to finish the transfer task respectively.
3.1 How to Transfer SoundCloud Music to iPhone with Leawo iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer is a powerful tool, which is spoken highly of by users all over the world. It can deal with diverse transfer issues with just a few clicks, such as among iTunes, computers, and iDevices. This handy software can help you to import the downloaded SoundCloud music to iPhone from computer effortlessly. Have a look at the detailed step-by-step instruction to get this work done perfectly.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone X, iPhone XR, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1. Connect iPhone with Computer and Run Leawo iTransfer
Run Leawo iTransfer on your computer and then use a proper USB cable to insert iPhone into computer. The software will recognize your iPhone and show its icon in the top left corner of the interface.
Step 2. Import Downloaded SoundCloud Music to iPhone
Hit iPhone icon and then click on “LIBRARY> Music> Add > Add File” or “LIBRARY> Music> Add > Add Folder” to find the downloaded SoundCloud music files on computer that you desire to add to iPhone for later use. Choose the songs and then make use of the “Open” button to initiate the transfer process. After a while, the computer SoundCloud music files will be available on iPhone.
This solution is quite accurate and efficient for you to put computer SoundCloud music to iPhone so as to figure out the problem of how to put SoundCloud music on iMovie smoothly.
3.2 How to Transfer SoundCloud Music to iPhone with iTunes
Except for Leawo iTransfer, the sync function of iTunes can also be used to add SoundCloud music to iPhone. The following contents will show you how to complete this task successfully via iTunes.
1. Plug iPhone into PC and then run the latest version of iTunes on computer. Move to the tab of “Preferences > Devices” and then check the option of “Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
2. Afterwards, you need to hit on “File > Add File to Library” or “File > Add Folder to Library”. Thus, you can choose the downloaded SoundCloud music files on computer to put them to iTunes library.
3. After that, hit on “iPhone icon> Settings> Summary> Music” tab to choose the option of “Sync Music” to tick. Finally, you can tap on the “Apply” button to wait for the end of the sync process.
You need to know this simple method will erase the previous songs on iPhone during the sync process.
Part 4: How to Add SoundCloud Music to iMovie on iPhone
When your iPhone shows the SoundCloud music, you now only need to continue to add the music clip to the application of iMovie directly. Follow the steps shown below and you can finish this task at ease.
1. Launch iMovie app on iPhone. Then you need to open a project.
2. Click on the sign of “+” and then hit the button of “Audio”.
3. In the interface of “Audio”, you need to tap on the option of “Theme Music” or any one of the listed categories.
4. Hit on the SoundCloud music item and then click on the button of “Use” to resolve how to get SoundCloud music on iMovie thoroughly.
The whole process to settle how to add music to iMovie from SoundCloud is clearly listed in the contents shown above. You just need to refer to the steps one by one to get rid of this issue without any difficulty.