There are a lot of different means for you to get audio from DVD. The most straight way to get audio from DVD would be to use an audio recording program to record the audio when you play the DVD on your computer. But it will have to take you a long time to do so. If you have the time to spare, this is a good way to get audio from DVD. Of course, you can just leave the DVD playing and the program recording the audio, you don’t have to be there all along. But there are also simpler ways to get the DVD audio tracks. Another way I can think of to get audio from DVD is to extract audio from DVD using a DVD audio extractor. With a DVD audio extractor you can easily and directly extract MP3 from DVD. If you are looking for a way to get audio from DVD, check out how you can do it with an audio recorder and a DVD audio extrator in the content below.
How to get audio from DVD with an audio recorder
A high-quality music recorder can help you get high quality audio from your DVD collection. And Leawo Music Recorder is the high-quality music recorder you need. It’s a powerful audio recorder that allows you to record audio from all kinds of sources. You can easily record the audio tracks of your DVD with it. Here’s how you can use Leawo Music Recorder to get audio from DVD.
Step 1. Enter your DVD disc to your disc drive and fire up Leawo Music Recorder. Get the DVD movie ready to play but do not start playing it. There are a few more settings remained we need to go through.
Step 2. Find the Microphone icon in the bottom left-hand corner of Leawo Music Recorder’s interface and click on it. When a window pops up, you will see the options for selecting audio source to record. As we are recording audio from DVD, check Record Computer Audio.
Step 3. Click the Format tab on the top to select an output format for the recordings. You have two choices here: MP3 and WAV. After selecting the format you think is the most suitable, you can change the bit rate and sample rate in the settings panel below.
Step 4. Click General and click the folder icon on it to set a new location for the recordings. And then you can close the window.
Step 5. To avoid missing any part of the DVD audio, it’s suggested that you start recording before start playing the DVD movie. Just click the Record button to start recording, and then you can start playing the DVD audio.
This should be one of the simplest way for you to get audio from DVD. But it might take longer than you want to get the DVD audio tracks. Another way to get audio from DVD I mentioned before is using a DVD audio extractor. This way would work more efficiently in getting audio from DVD. Check out what DVD audio extractor you can use to extract MP3 from DVD.
How to get audio from DVD with a DVD audio extractor
Leawo DVD Ripper is a all-around DVD processing program. You can use it to rip your DVD and get the video as well as audio in the disc. You can use it to easily extract audio from DVD and save the audio track in common audio formats like MP3, WAV, FLAC and more. It’s one of the most powerful DVD audio extractors you can get. Learn how to extract audio from DVD with the program in the user guide below.
1. As Leawo DVD Ripper is a component of Leawo Prof.Media, so to open Leawo DVD Ripper, first open Prof.Media. And then click the icon of DVD Ripper which you can find on the main interface of Prof.Media to launch DVD Ripper.
2. After getting the DVD disc ready in your disc drive, you can load the disc in the program. Find the Add Blu-ray/DVD button from above the blank area, click on it and select Add from CD-ROM from the following drop-down menu. The program also has a sign in the center to tell you to drag the DVD files to it. So you can open the DVD folder and drag it to the program and drop it to import it if you want.
3. Usually your disc will include more videos other than the main movie. If you only want the audio track of the main movie to be extracted, click the Main Movie button above the video list on the left column. If you need the audio tracks of all the videos in the disc, click Full Movie. Click Custom Mode and you can manually choose the videos that contain the audio tracks you need. Click OK to import the videos you’ve chosen to extract audio from to the program’s conversion list.
4. The chosen video will be listed on the main interface. Above the video list there’s a row of buttons. Click the second button from the right side and when you see 3 more buttons appear, use the Edit button in the middle to open the Profile panel. And then go to Format>Common Audio and select an audio format you want to convert the DVD audio tracks into.
5. Click the Convert button after getting back to the video list. Set a folder to save the DVD audio tracks in in the Save to box by clicking the button next to it. And click Convert button at the bottom to allow the program to start extracting audio from your DVD.
Leawo DVD Ripper also allows you to edit the video and audio parameters. You can also use it to rip DVD to play on Apple TV or other devices as it supports ripping DVD to MP4, lossless MKV, WMV and a lot of other formats. It shouldn’t be a problem to find a suitable format for the devices you have.