Do you find your songs in iTunes library is in a mess? Some songs have wrong names, which may hinder you from enjoying your favorite music properly. There are many tools that provide the function to fix iTunes library song names. They can clean and organize your music tracks smoothly. You can read this guidance to see the most popular four methods to get this work done.
Method 1: How to Fix Song Name in iTunes manually
Although iTunes can not monitor the music files when you add them to the library, you can still use iTunes to fix song names in iTunes manually without other third-party programs’ assistance. iTunes has the features to organize the music library, but you may do not know how to make it. You can check out the following contents to help you to get rid of this trouble at ease.
1. In order to fix songs names in iTunes manually, first you need to kick off the latest version of iTunes on computer.
2. Then you need to click on the tab of “My Music” and then choose the option of “Songs” to hit on. You can click on the tab of “Artist” to use this category to sort your songs.
3. After that, you can begin to browse the song list in the library to find the music with the wrong name.
4. When you find the song with incorrect name, you can choose it and then right-click on it to call out a new menu. Thus, you need to select the option of “Get Info” to tap on. In the info panel, you will be able to adjust the songs name. If necessary, you can alter other wrong info for this piece of music in this pane. Click on “OK” button when you finish the adjustment.
Fixing song names in iTunes manually is not suitable for you to make use of when there are many errors in the music name, for you need to alter them one by one, which is not convenient. The process will be a bit time-consuming. If you are not fond of this solution, you can continue to see other methods in this tutorial.
Method 2: How to Fix iTunes Library Song Name via Leawo Tunes Cleaner
When it comes to the issue of how to fix song names in iTunes automatically, Leawo Tunes Cleaner will be your first choice. This iTunes cleanup program is very handy with simple interface and powerful iTunes managing functions. It also allows users to manually edit music info like title, album, genre, etc. You can follow the steps shown below to learn how to fix song names in iTunes with Leawo Tunes Cleaner.
Leawo Tunes Cleaner
☉ Automatically download and add music tags like artist, title, cover, album, etc.
☉ One click duplicate removal to remove duplicate songs in music library;
☉ Manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
Step 1: Choose Function Tab
After installing Leawo Tunes Cleaner on your computer, you need to start it and then hit on the option of “Start to Clean iTunes”. There are also other three options for you to make use of: “Open Music Files”, “Clean-up Duplicates” and “Load Saved Result”.
Step 2: Fix Songs Info Automatically
The songs without complete tags will be shown in the interface after the automatic scanning process. There are 4 categories in the left part of the screen: “Songs Without Album Artwork”, “Songs Without Artist”, “Songs Without Album”, and “Songs Without Original Files”. Hit on the “Fix All” button at the top right corner of the interface to begin to download tags online and add them to the music files. You can see there is a music list score at the top of the window that displays you the completeness of music info in iTunes library.
Step 3: Manually Edit Music Info
When the program fixes those music files, you may still find some music names are not correct. At that time, you can edit the name info manually by clicking the edit icon in each track frame to bring out the tag pane. Thus, you can fix the name of the song by yourself. When you fix all of them, you can click on the “Apply” button in the window to confirm your settings.
This program is very simple for you to handle to fix iTunes music info, which is quite efficient. It is known as one of the best iTunes cleaners to keep your iTunes library well-organized. It is quite easy for you to resort this software to clean up duplicates, which can save you much time with the automatic scanning and fixing process. Whenever you find your iTunes library is in a mess, you can use this software to take advantage of this tool to help you to make your library clear.
Method 3: How to Fix Song Name in iTunes automatically using iTunes Match
iTunes Match is one web service of Apple Company, which can store music files from iTunes Store, iTunes library and computer local folders. Besides, it can also be applied to deal with how to fix song names in iTunes for you. If you are not clear this feature of it, you can refer to the detailed steps in this part to help you to make it.
1. Run iTunes on computer and make sure it is the latest version. Then, you need to click on “Edit> Preferences” tab in the interface.
2. Hit on the menu of “General” and then mark the option of “iCloud Music Library” to enable the features of iTunes Match. Thus, it will store your Apple Music songs and playlists in iCloud so you can access them from all of your devices.
3. Afterwards, you can create a new playlist and name it in the iTunes library that contains the music files with wrong names. Then, you need to delete the original ones from the library of your iTunes.
4. Create another new playlist with a name you prefer. You need to choose “Music” as its “Media” kind and “iCloud” as its “Location”. The “Location” should not be on your computer. Select the music files are the same as the ones in the first new playlist and then click on “Download” button. Thus, your music names will be fixed in your iTunes library automatically.
The sync function of iTunes Match is really convenient for you to make use of to fix iTunes songs names automatically. If you desire to know more about iTunes Match, you can go to the official website of Apple Company to read its introductions.
Method 4: How to Fix Song Name in iTunes with MusicBrainz Picard
MusicBrainz Picard is one well-known music tag fixer for free, which enables users to label and tag the music files in the iTunes library with correct info fast and simply. You can look at the following instructions to learn how to make use of this excellent iTunes organizer to fix songs names in iTunes.
1. Refer to the first two steps in Method 1 to sort your iTunes songs in the library.
2. Start MusicBrainz Picard on your computer to add the music files that you desire to fix songs names from iTunes to the screen of MusicBrainz Picard.
3. After that, you can hit on the option of “Unmatched Files” and then click on the “Scan” button to allow the software to scan the song name info. The music with wrong names will be displayed in pink in the left side of the window.
4. Afterwards, you need to hit on the button of “Save” after you highlight the songs that you would like to save with new name info.
5. You need to playback the music items that you have fixed to enable your iTunes library to be updated with the new name info. Afterwards, the iTunes library music with wrong names will be fixed completely with this tool.
MusicBrainz Picard can be operated without any difficulty at all. You can also use this free and open-source application to assist you to identify, tag and organize digital audio recordings as well. Download and install this software on your computer to have a try and you will know how great it is to help you to fix other music info of music tracks in iTunes library easily.
When you encounter iTunes mess music library situations, you can choose one of the methods to assist you to make your iTunes library organized again. Via comparison, you will find that Leawo Tunes Cleaner is the most excellent tool for you to make use of. This program offers you the free trial version with limited applying times. If you fall in love with its effective features, you can update to the paid version to help you to manage iTunes library well.