“Hi, my ShowBox stopped working. When I used it to stream videos, it popped out an error message saying the server is not available. What happened to ShowBox? Why ShowBox not working occurs? Is there any solution to fix ShowBox not working error? Please help me with this. Appreciate to any replies.”
Showbox, despite being banished from the official Google Play store, remains one of the most popular apps on Android smartphones and tablets. For those who have still kept ShowBox for watching streaming videos, they occasionally meet ShowBox not working error. If you are looking for a solution to fix ShowBox not working error, check the below content. You will learn how to fix this error effectively.
Part 1. Brief Introduction to ShowBox
Showbox is one of the most popular third-party media streaming services which offers tons of content to users without any cost. It is regarded as a great alternative to subscription-based video streaming platforms such as Netflix and Amazon Prime where it offers free audio-visual content without any account and advertisements. It also offers a smooth user interface and easy navigation. The service indexes a number of different torrent clients and sites to stream content and features a massive library of movies and TV series.
Some streaming apps maintain a veneer of legitimacy by sourcing the movies and TV shows that they offer from legitimate online sources. Other apps are perhaps less scrupulous about the legality of their offerings. On the contrast, Showbox pretty much abandons all pretense and just serves up pirated movies without apology or explanation. Because of this, Showbox is not offered in the Google Play store. Instead, if you want to use the app, you’ll have to sideload it using an APK file obtained from a website.
Showbox has completely stopped working as the majority of servers from where it pulls the stream has stopped functioning. When users try to play any content using the app, a black screen pops up displaying an error message. Also, it may give an error when launching the application. In the below content, we will show you some fixes upon ShowBox not working error. You could try these solutions to make ShowBox work smoothly and normally on your Android smartphones and tablets.
Part 2. How to fix ShowBox not working error?
Right from the early days of the Showbox app, there has been a number of major fixes that have been needed to keep the app up and running for all users. While these updates were far more frequent back in the day, these version updates have become scarce as of late. Due to the intense crackdown by federal agencies to enforce copyright protection laws and the general shift towards premium subscription services has reduced the support for Showbox.
Despite the frequent updates, ShowBox still shows not working, updating or loading errors. We’ve taken the lead on rounded up methods on how you can fix the issues with the Showbox app effectively. Just try the below solutions.
Solution 1 – Reboot the Device
Rebooting your device would be the first solution to fix any errors you have encountered with your devices. It may seem like a cliché move to turn off your Android device and then turn it on again to resolve the problems you’re facing with Showbox. Follow the below steps to learn how to reboot your Android devices:
- Press and hold down the Power button and Volume Down button together until there pops up a notice saying “Power off”. Click it to turn off your Android device.
- If the device screen stays dark and you’re unable to see if it is off, keeps pressing down on the Power button and Volume Down button until it vibrates.
- To reboot the device, press and hold the Power button until the display turns on and you should feel a vibration that indicates the Android device is booting up.
When the reboot completes, open the ShowBox to see if it works normally.
Solution 2 – Clear Showbox App Cache
The app cache might influence the normal video loading on ShowBox app, especially when you have used this app for a while. You could try to clear the app cache make the way out for new video loading from movies and videos loaded before. Check the below steps to clear ShowBox app cache:
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Settings app.
- Scroll down to find the Storage section and then select the Apps section on the screen.
- In the list of all the apps installed on your device, look for the Showbox app and tap on it.
- You will now see the option to Clear cache, so proceed to press it and flushing out the cache files.
When the cache has been cleared, you could reenter the ShowBox app to see its status. Besides clearing ShowBox cache, you could also try to clear your device cache on your Android smartphones and tablets.
Solution 3 – Update Showbox App to the Latest Version
As mentioned above, ShowBox has been updating frequently to fix various errors, but it has been officially discontinued by Google Play store for it publishing illegal videos. Therefore, you have to try other ways to update ShowBox app on your Android smartphones and tablets. Follow the below steps:
- Make sure that you have Unknown Sources enabled from the Developer Options menu in the Settings.
- Find the latest version of Showbox from a verifiable source such as APKPure or Aptoide and download it to your device.
- Install the Showbox APK file on to the system and launch the app to see if the issue has been resolved.
Solution 4 – Use Web-based Showbox App
Try the web-based ShowBox app instead of local ShowBox app on your Android devices and computer. As of now, you don’t even need to install the Showbox app on your device, since it is available as a web app across mobile devices and computers as well. Follow the below steps to make use of the web-based ShowBox app:
- Open the web browser on your computer or mobile device.
- Get into the ShowBox app online by visiting www.showbox.space.
- You may have to sign up for the service before you can begin.
- Select any movie or TV show that you wish to watch and get started.
Since the web app does not require installation, it can be used without having to sideload the Showbox app, and now works on the iPhone and iPad as well.
There are also other solutions for you to watch ShowBox streaming videos like using ExpressVPN with Showbox app, turning to some video downloader tools, etc.
Part 3. A better way to watch movies on portable device
Even though you could fix the ShowBox not working error on your Android smartphones or tablets, other errors might happen. The ultimate solution to watch movies on portable devices is to make use of a total media converter tool that could help you download online videos, convert video files, rip Blu-ray/DVD movies for portable media players and devices. Leawo Prof. Media is the tool you need.
Leawo Prof. Media is the No. 1 media converter tool that could help you watch any movies on any media player or device without any limitation. As a professional and all-in-one media converter suite, Leawo Prof. Media offers solutions covering Blu-ray/DVD/video/audio file conversion, online movie downloading, picture to DVD/Blu-ray burning, etc. With Leawo Prof. Media, you could:
- Decrypt, rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies to video/audio files in 200+ file formats for various uses, regardless of disc protection and region restrictions. It could convert both 2D and 3D Blu-ray movies to 2D videos.
- Convert video and audio files between 200+ file formats like MP4, AVI, WMV, FLV, MKV, MOV, M4V, F4V, etc. for various devices and players like iOS devices (iPhone, iPad and iPod), Android devices, Microsoft devices, BlackBerry devices, etc.
- Turn photos into photo slideshow video and edit generated photo slideshows via internal editor.
- Burn video/photos to Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image files, with multiple disc menu templates preset and disc menu editor enabled. Burn 3D Blu-ray movies easily from 2D video sources. And offer one-click operation to burn ISO image file to disc.
- Download online videos from 1000+ video sharing sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD movies to computer or blank disc in 1:1, movie-only or custom mode, supporting 3D Blu-ray backup.
- Remove Cinavia protection upon Blu-ray discs to help you get Cinavia-free movie files for unlimited playback.
- Convert 2D Blu-ray/DVD/video to 3D movies in 6 different 3D movie effects and 3D depth adjustable.
Besides these main functions, as the best media converter suite, Leawo Prof. Media actually provides other useful features, such as editing Blu-ray/DVD/video files, selecting disc menu and even designing disc menu, choosing subtitles and audio tracks, providing instant preview and unlimited movie playback, etc. With Leawo Prof. Media, you could simply watch any movie from Blu-ray, DVD, regular video, and online videos on any media player and portable device anytime anywhere as you like.
Part 4. Conclusion
Since ShowBox has been officially discontinued, when you have encountered ShowBox not working errors, try the above ones. If all the above solutions fail to work, try to download the videos you want t play and watch on your devices with the help of Leawo Prof. Media or other media converter tools alike. Of course, you could also try an alternative to ShowBox app.