“I can't upload my video to Facebook. it said ‘There was a problem uploading your file. Please try again later.’ What’s wrong with this? How can I fix Facebook video uploading error? Is there any limitation that might block my Facebook video uploading? Please help me with this.”
Well, on Facebook community, you could see quite a lot of questions like the above one. If you have ever tried to upload video to Facebook, this might be familiar to you as well. Why does Facebook keep prompting error message? How can you fix Facebook video uploading error? In this guide, we would like to help you find out the possible reasons and effective solutions.
Part 1: Why is my Facebook video not uploading?
“What are some reasons a video won't upload to Facebook?” Many people would like to get this answer first. We might get solutions when we figure out why Facebook video uploading error happens.
Actually, there are some reasons a video won’t upload to Your Facebook account and we have listed them below. You could refer to these possible reasons:
1. The video format is not supported by Facebook
Like all other social media platforms, Facebook has its own allowed type of filters which you can use to upload a video. The recommended formats for a Facebook video are MP4 or MOV. You can change the format using your video software.
2. The length or size of the video has exceeded Facebook limits
Facebook has limitation on video file size and length for uploading. The maximum length is 120 minutes. The maximum file size is 4.0 GB. Videos with length or size more than these values are not allowed for uploading onto the platform.
3. The video encoding is not properly accepted by Facebook
Facebook recommends uploading H.264 video encapsulated in MP4 or MOV formats. H.264 is a codec, or encoding type, which is different from a video format. A format, or container, stores the audio and video, while the codec compresses and decompresses the audio and video inside the container. H.264 offers a significant amount more file size compression than other codecs and is the best choice for uploading to Facebook.
4. Video specifications are beyond the requirements of Facebook
For best compression and less chance of your upload failing, make sure your video dimensions are in multiples of 16px. Facebook automatically rescales videos when the larger sides of the video are over 1280px, so you may want to adjust the quality of your video to avoid complications during upload. Also, Facebook requires the video's frame rate be at or below 30fps, as higher frame rates may result in problems like dark colors and fast or slow motion.
5. Privacy settings for your device and browser
Many mobile users have complained that video uploads to Facebook have failed. This might be due to the permission to access photos and videos on your device privacy settings. You can’t upload videos to Facebook when you haven’t authorized the access of Facebook to your photos or videos app on your mobile device.
6. Your browser is not updated
The browser you are using will also influence the Facebook video uploading. You must be using the latest version of your browser to avoid any possible bugs or slowdown for uploading videos to Facebook.
7. Your internet connection is bad
One of the reasons you face any kinds of slowdowns or issues on Facebook is that your connection is lost or interrupted. check your internet connection and then try uploading the video again.
There might be other reasons that result in Facebook video uploading. It should be noted that adding the same video more than once won't help for fixing Facebook video uploading error. You can still do other things with the internet while you are uploading videos to Facebook.
Part 2: How to Fix Facebook Video Uploading Error?
By knowing the potential reasons for Facebook video uploading error, how can we fix Facebook video uploading failure to upload videos to Facebook successfully?
Well, without doubt, the first things we could do is make corrections on the possible causes mentioned above. Check the below content to take a try:
- Video file format issue: Facebook recommends MP4 or MOV file format for your files to save in. Therefore, make sure the video files you want to upload are saved in MP4 or MOV file format. If your source video files are in neither MP4 nor MOV file format, you could use some video converters to convert video to MP4 or MOV file.
- Video specifications should be in accordance with Facebook: The file format is not the only requirement for video uploading. There are also other specifications. Facebook recommends uploading H.264 video encapsulated in MP4 or MOV formats. Video file size should be less than 4GB while the length should be shorter than 120 minutes. Other specifications of Facebook video include bit rate, video dimension, frame rate, etc. All these should meet Facebook.
- Upload your browser to the latest version. The older browser might result in uncertain uploading error. Therefore, just try to upload to the latest one to avoid unnecessary errors.
- Change the privacy settings on your device. Allow Facebook to access to your photos or videos app on your mobile devices, so Facebook will upload your videos from your device.
- Make sure your device or computer is well connected to the Internet. No matter you are using a mobile device or computer for uploading videos to Facebook, you need to make sure your device or computer well connect to the Internet.
If you have tried all the above solutions, and still your Facebook video files are not uploaded successfully, you might need to contact Facebook customer service.
Part 3. Convert Uploading Video to FaceBook Compatible Formats with Leawo Prof. Media
As mentioned above, you need to make sure your video files are in the supported file formats for Facebook. Quite obviously, video files in other formats like WMV, FLV, WebM, MKV or others won’t be uploaded to Facebook. If you get video files in video file formats other than MP4 and MOV, you need to convert uploading videos to Facebook compatible formats like MP4 or MOV. In such case, you need a video file converter.
Leawo Prof. Media is the best video to Facebook converter that could convert nearly all video files to Facebook MP4 or MOV files in the H.264 video codec in the video size and length Facebook accepts. As a professional video converter, Leawo Prof. Media could convert video files between various formats like MKV to MP4, AVI to MOV, WMV to MP4, FLV to MOV, MOV to MP4, MP4 to MKV, etc. It enables you to select video codec, bit rate, aspect ratio, frame rate, audio codec, sample rate, etc. for Facebook and other ends.
The below guide would show you how to convert video files to Facebook MP4 or MOV file with Leawo Prof. Media. Firstly, download and install Leawo Prof. Media on your computer. Get source video files ready.
Step 1: Launch Leawo Prof. Media
Launch Leawo Prof. Media and then click “Convert” button on the sub-menu to enter the “Convert” module.
Step 2: Add source video files
Under the “Convert” module, click “Add Video” button to browse and load video files from your computer.
Note: Leawo Prof. Media enables you to rip and convert Blu-ray/DVD movies for uploading to Facebook. You could rip and convert any Blu-ray/DVD movies with it, regardless of disc protection and region restrictions.
Step 3: Set output format
Hit the button right before the big green “Convert” button and then on the drop-down panel click the “Change” option to enter the “Profile” panel. Choose MP4 Video or MOV Video from “Format > Common Video” group as output format.
Leawo Prof. Media enables you to adjust the output video and audio parameters like video codec, video bit rate, aspect ratio, resolution, audio codec, sample rate, bit rate, channel, etc. To change these, just click the “Edit” option on the drop-down panel next to the “Add Photo” button. You need to choose these according to Facebook requirements.
Step 4: Edit video files
Leawo Prof. Media enables you to edit video files before converting for uploading to Facebook. As mentioned above, Facebook accepts video files in less than 120 minutes and 4GB. The internal video editor helps you do this. Click the edit icon in each loaded video title to enter the video editing panel, where you could trim video length, crop video size, add image or text watermark, adjust video effect, apply 3D effect, etc.
Step 5: Set output directory
Return to the main interface, and then click the green button of “Convert”. Set an output directory in the “Save to” box and then click the “Convert” button at the bottom to start converting video files to Facebook compatible file format.
You could then view the entire converting process on the converting panel. After conversion completes, you could then upload the converted video files to Facebook.
Being the best and most comprehensive media converter suite, Leawo Prof. Media not only enables you to convert video files for Facebook, but also:
- Burn video/photos to Blu-ray/DVD disc, folder and/or ISO image file for various uses.
- Download online videos from YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Copy and back up Blu-ray/DVD movies to computer hard drive or blank discs with high quality.
- Burn ISO file to Blu-ray/DVD disc in one click.
- Edit Blu-ray/DVD/video files like trimming, cropping, adjusting effect, adding image or text watermark, applying 3D effect, etc.
- Add disc menu, or even design disc menu according to your own needs for burning video/pictures to Blu-ray/DVD.
- Remove Cinavia protection upon Blu-ray discs to let you get Cinavia-free Blu-ray content.
Without doubt, as a media converter suite, Leawo Prof. Media offers you comprehensive solutions to improve your digital entertainment to a higher level.
Part 4. Conclusion
As one of the most poplar social networks, Facebook has been widely welcomed by worldwide users. There are errors for uploading videos to Facebook, sending messages, and others. But you could get practical solutions to make full use of Facebook. Once you have encountered Facebook video uploading error, try the above solutions.