"I can’t view or play Facebook videos on my computer. The Facebook video player often shows me some kind of error. Is there any way to play Facebook videos or any other alternative Facebook media player to play Facebook video files?"
Facebook allows users to upload image and video files. Therefore it’s certain that Facebook plays video files with its default Facebook media player. However, there are cases in which Facebook player fails to play video on Facebook. This would be troublesome for you when you want to view Facebook videos. This post will provide you several effective solutions to help you play Facebook videos smoothly.
- Part 1: Play Facebook Videos with Facebook Video Player Plugin
- Part 2: Play Facebook Videos with Online Facebook Video Player
- Part 3: Play Facebook Videos with Local Facebook Video Player
- Part 4: Convert Facebook Videos to Play Facebook Videos on Computer
- Part 5: Some Troubleshooting Tips to Play Videos on Facebook
Part 1: Play Facebook Videos with Facebook Video Player Plugin
There are Facebook video player plugins you could use for playing Facebook videos. You could search online to get a proper one according to your own needs. If you’re using the Firefox browser, take a try of "Flash Video Player for Facebook™", a powerful tool that will let you choose Flash video player as default Facebook video player software.
About this Flash Video Player for Facebook™ Add-on
Flash® Video Player for Facebook™ is a powerful tool that will let you choose Flash video player as default Facebook™ video player.All Facebook™ videos will play in Flash player automatically which have more high resolution ( HD ) options than HTML5 video player. You can also choose HTLM5 video player as default one from add-on settings.
Part 2: Play Facebook Videos with Online Facebook Video Player
If you don’t want to install a Facebook video player plugin to your browser, you could turn to other browser or special app that could perform as Facebook media player to play video on Facebook, like Leawo’s Facebook Video Downloader. This Facebook video downloader could perform as flash Facebook video player to play Facebook videos smoothly.
It’s easy to play Facebook videos with Leawo’s Facebook Video Downloader:
- Download and install Leawo Facebook Video Downloader on your computer (Mac users please download the Mac version)
- Open the "Download" module, and then copy and paste the Facebook video URL into the address bar. After that, click the "Enter" key on the keyboard to search target Facebook video.
- This Facebook video player would display the target Facebook video to you. You could then click the "Play" icon to start playing video on Facebook within this Facebook media player.
Actually, not only play Facebook videos online, as its name suggests, Leawo Facebook Video Downloader also enables you to download Facebook video to your computer. The detailed steps of downloading Facebook videos with Leawo Video Downloader are listed below:
- After you’ve got the target Facebook video within Leawo Video Downloader as mentioned in the above "Step 3", you will see diverse options in different resolutions of target Facebook video on the right sidebar to let you choose for downloading.
- Choose the one you would like to download and click the download icon.
- The downloading Facebook video will be seen on the "Downloading" tab of Leawo Video Downloader.
- After downloading, you could view the downloaded Facebook video under the "Downloaded" tab.
By downloading Facebook videos, you could then make use of your local media player perform as Facebook video player software to play Facebook videos. You could visit Leawo Video Downloader User Guide to know detailed information on how to use Leawo Video Downloader to download Facebook videos.
Part 3: Play Facebook Videos with Local Facebook Video Player
If you’ve downloaded Facebook videos to your computer already, you could then turn to Leawo Free Blu-ray Player to play Facebook videos on your computer. Leawo Free Blu-ray Player is an all-inclusive media player software combo that could act as region-free Blu-ray disc player, free DVD player, free HD video player, free audio player and free ISO image file player. It could play Facebook videos on your computer with ease.
Leawo Free Blu-ray Player
☉ 100% free movie player for Mac users to play Ultra HD 4K, 1080P and 720P video for free.
☉ Free Blu-ray disc player to play 4K Blu-ray disc and 1080P Blu-ray disc, regardless of disc protection and region code.
☉ Support multiple audio decoding systems like Dolby, DTS, AAC, TrueHD, DTS-HD, etc.
☉ Adjust subtitles, video and audio during media playback.
Part 4: Convert Facebook Videos to Play Facebook Videos on Computer
Another solution to play Facebook videos is to convert Facebook videos to other popular formats like MP4, MOV, WMV or AVI so that you could make use of your computer’s default media player. Leawo HD Video Converter is highly recommended for you to convert Facebook videos.
How to Convert Facebook Video Files with Leawo HD Video Converter:
After you’ve downloaded Facebook videos to computer with Leawo Video Downloader, you could use Leawo Video Converter to convert Facebook videos to other formats. Download and install Leawo Video Converter via the above links and then follow the below steps to learn how to convert Facebook videos to other formats:
Leawo HD Video Converter Demo Video:
Part 5: Some Troubleshooting Tips to Play Videos on Facebook
If you’re having trouble viewing videos on your computer, try these troubleshooting tips:
- Quit and then reopen your browser.
- Update your browser (ex: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari) or try using a different browser.
- Install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player.
- Visit Adobe Flash Player Help for assistance with video display and video playback issues.
- Turn off ActiveX Filtering in your browser settings.
If you’re having trouble viewing videos on your mobile device, make sure it is able to play videos. If your mobile device doesn’t support videos, it will show a thumbnail but won’t play.