January 9, 2007, at the Macworld conference, Steve Jobs launched Apple’s first mobile phone – iPhone. It is considered a revolutionary product with a revolutionary operating system, a revolutionary touch experience. In the next few years, iPhone continues to grow and become a leader in the smartphone industry. People have been looking forward to Apple bringing new surprises in the conference every year. From the first generation iPhone to last year’s iPhone7, we witnessed how far iPhone has gone.
New features and specs of iPhone 8
As one of the most expected phones in 2017, iPhone 8 has been attracting the public’s attention ever since the announcement of iPhone 7 as the 7 didn’t bring much surprise as people had expected. And rumors about iPhone 8 have been floating about for a long time. Details about the iPhone 8 keep being unveiled to the public. Although those rumors have never been proved to be real, we can still learn a little bit about what Apple’s planning to bring to the new generation of iPhone.
Below are several leaked features of iPhone 8:
- The Home button is canceled and the TouchID fingerprint will be integrated into the screen.
- 5.8 inch OLED full screen.
- Support for wireless charging, and battery life increased.
- Front camera hidden.
- The front and rear of the phone are 2.5D cambered glass.
- Ultra-narrow bezels, which means the physical borders plus screen black border add up to less than 4mm.
The change of Home button has been rumored to be true which comes along with the brand new 5.8-inch borderless display. It’s reported that the fingerprint sensor would be built into the screen thus eliminating the necessity of a physical Home button in the front. And Apple seems to have been working on wireless charging for more than two years and it’s very likely that they would roll it out this year. Also the iconic design of iPhone 4 might come again on the iPhone 8 as it’s reported that iPhone 8 might be using 2.5D glass on both the front and the back of the phone.
About the hardware, iPhone is likely to be featuring an A11 chip from and the RAM is unlikely to be upgraded to 6GB.
Leaked photos of iPhone 8
This picture is from a most recent leak and is believed to be the most likely one of the final design of iPhone 8.
How to back up your old iPhone before upgrading to iPhone 8
If you are a fan of Apple and are planning to upgrade to iPhone 8 after it’s released, you should probably know how to back up your old iPhone in order to make things easier when switching to the new phone. Here’s how you can back up your iPhone.
#1. Back up iPhone with iCloud
If you have enough space on your iCloud, you can back up your iPhone with iCloud. here’s how to back up iPhone with iCloud.
1. Make sure that your device is connected to a Wi-fi network.
2. Open Settings app and tap iCloud.
3. Tap Backup and turn on iCloud Backup.
4. Tap on Back Up Now and keep your iPhone connected to the Wi-fi network until it’s done.
iCloud would back up the data of all your apps and photos,etc. But if you don’t need your data to be backed up or you don’t have enough space on your iCloud, you can try backing up with Leawo iOS Data Recovery, with it you can select specific data to be backed up.
1. Open Leawo iOS Data Recovery and click Recover from iOS device.
2. Select your iPhone from the device list and click Start to allow the program to scan your device.
3. When it’s done scanning, check out the data you can back up on the left column. Select the files you want to back up and click Recover.
4. On the following popup, select a folder to store the files you’ve chosen and click Go to back up those files.
Ever since iPhone 5, Apple has been putting the launch event of every generation of iPhone on September. If nothing goes wrong this year, it should still be September that we can see the new iPhone 8.