Obviously, PowerPoint remains one of the simplest ways to create a presentation, and it is also one of the most dreaded parts of office life. Besides, when you have embed a video in PowerPoint, you can avoid the situation"death by PowerPoint" (i.e. boring your presentation audience to death). No matter what you are selling an idea, product, or just strategy, you are able to get the attention of your audience much more effectively with a video. Then it comes to the concern, how to embed a video in PowerPoint or embed DVD into PowerPoint? Use the methods below, then you could successfully embed videos stored on your computer into your presentation slides .
Part 1: How to Embed a Video into PowerPoint on a PC?
1. Embed a video from a file
I'm sure you'll get the best results after inserting a video if you have the latest updates installed for Office.(Note: Office updates are installed through the Windows Update service.) The process below will work for PowerPoint 2016, 2013, and 2010.
- Open your PowerPoint presentation and select the slide you want to add the video to.
- Click the "Insert" tab, which will display the various Insert options. Select the "Video" button in the "Media" section, and click "Video on My PC." All you need to do is to find the video you want to add.
There are a few things to keep in mind when looking for your video file:
- Different versions of PowerPoint support different sets of video formats. 2016 supports the most types of files, including MP4 and MKV, while 2010 supports the least, MPG, WMV, ASF, and AVI.
- Try to avoid the AVI format, for it always require additional codecs that make playback a bit difficult. You can use the free program Adapter to convert these AVI files into the more compatible MP4 format.
- 3It will take a few minutes for the video to load on your slide depending on its size. The time this takes will vary depending on the size of the video. The progress will be displayed at the bottom of the screen.
- When loaded successfully, click on your video and two new tabs will appear to help you modify the playback options. On the "Playback" tab, select "Start" and chose the way you want your video to load. In fact, there are various options available, such as how long you prefer the video to play, repeat options or full screen. What is more, you can even resize the video just by dragging the corners.
5. In the end, click to save your presentation when you are ready. Your video is embedded on your presentation successfully.
2. Embed a YouTube video in PowerPoint
The process for getting a video from YouTube varies, depending on your operating system and version of PowerPoint. The way will work for embedding YouTube videos in PowerPoint 2016, 2013, and 2010 from a PC. However, you could not embed YouTube videos in Mac versions of PowerPoint.
- Open your web browser and select the video you want from YouTube.
- Click the "Share" button below the video frame, and choose Embed.
- Select and copy the "Embed" tab. Make sure it's the right code
Open your PowerPoint presentation and select the slide you want to add a video.
- Click on Insert. You will be able to insert different objects into the slide. Click Video > Online Video. If the one you use is PowerPoint 2010, choose "Video from Website" instead.
- Click Paste embed code and paste the embed code. In PowerPoint 2010, you need to click "Insert Video From Website". Select the video and click "Playback".
- Finally, just hit the "Start" menu to select how the video will play.
When giving the presentation, despite the version you are using, you need to pay great attention to the internet, otherwise, the video will not load.
Part 2: How to Embed Video into PowerPoint on a Mac?
In PowerPoint 2016 for Mac and newer versions, it is highly recommended to use .mp4 files encoded with H.264 video (a.k.a. MPEG-4 AVC) and AAC audio. The following instructions apply to PowerPoint for Office 365 for Mac, and PowerPoint 2019 and 2016 for Mac. Check how to Embed a Video in PowerPoint.
- Open PowerPoint and navigate to the slide where you want to place the video.
- In the "Insert" tab, you need to click the "Movie from File" option and select a movie from your hard drive by double-clicking on it. In the dialog box, select the file you want, then click Insert.
- You can also format the movie to start "Automatically" or "When Clicked".
- You can also give your video more emphasis from the "Video Format" tab, click "Video Effects" and select the effect you want.
Part 3: How to Embed DVD into PowerPoint with Leawo DVD ripper?
It is well known that DVDs could provide viewers a complete visual and audio reflection. As far as I am concerned, DVD is playing a quite important role in enriching the contents in PowerPoint. AND more and more people wonder how to put a PowerPoint on a DVD disc for diverse uses. Is it possible to Embed DVD into PowerPoint directly? Unfortunately, it is no. PowerPoint does not support DVD format, for it only supports AVI, ASF, ASX, MPG, WMV and MLV video formats. Therefore, now the question is how to convert DVD to PPT supported video formats. Keep reading to find out how to embed DVD into PowerPoint conveniently.
To embed DVD into PowerPoint, what you need is just a piece of DVD converting software. If you do look for such a program, you cannot missLeawo DVD Ripper. When it comes to the best audio and video converter, in other words, the DVD converter, most people will think of Leawo DVD Ripper, owning to its comprehensive features.Leawo DVD Ripper is designed for you to rip and convert DVD to video in various formats, and extract audio content from source DVD content and save as audio files without any quality loss. As one of the best DVD ripper, Leawo DVD Ripper accepts all kinds of DVD discs. DVD discs protected by CSS encryption, multi-angle DVD discs, DVD discs from any region, and DVD discs from any movie studio can be imported for DVD ripping.
☉ Convert DVD to video/audio files like MKV, MP4, AVI, FLV, RMVB, etc
☉ Convert DVD to iPad, iPhone, Android devices
☉ Edit DVD video files with built-in video editor
☉ Add 3D effect with built-in 3D movie creator
☉ Selectable subtitles and audio tracks from source DVD movies for output videos
You could download Leawo DVD Ripper and install it on your PC. And then follow the guide below.
Step 1: Kick off DVD Ripper, to enter the home page, and you need to click DVD Ripper to enter the main interface.
Step 2: Next, just click "Add Blu-ray/DVD" button in the menu to import your targeted DVD disc, folder or ISO image files. For convenience, You can also just drag the DVD file to the main interface directly.
Once the DVD content is selected successfully, you will be given 3 options to import DVD file(s): Full Movie, Main Movie and Custom Mode. Generally, "Full Movie" is for you to import all titles, "Main Movie" is for you to import the longest title by default, and "Custom Mode" is for you to freely choose titles for importing. Choose a mode and click "OK" button to start importing source DVD files.
Step 3: There is a drop-down box tagged "MP4 Video" by default next to "Add Video" button. Click on it and click "Change" to enter the "Profile" panel to select the output format. You can feel free to choose either video/audio format or mobile device as output profile under "Format" or "Device" group. There are various video/audio formats and device models are available for selection, like 4K MP4, 4K MKV, HD MP4, HD AVI, MOV, iPhone 6s, iPad Air, etc.
Also, if you want to set the parameters of the video, you can select "Edit" to enter the editing panel including "Video Codec", "Bit Rate", "Resolution", "Frame Rate" and "Aspect Ratio".
Step 4: After adjusting the video settings, click "OK" and then click the big green "Convert" button. Select target path to save the output file in the "Save to" box and then click the "Convert" icon below to start the ripping process.
All in all, the persuasive power of video is not limited to the social media feed. One sure and simple way to enhance a PowerPoint presentation is to add a video. When you want to send the presentation with the embedded video, give the zipped file instead of just the individual PowerPoint file. Once the recipient receives it successfully, unzips, and opens the presentation, the embedded video will be playable well. Just enjoy it.