There are diverse music streaming services on the market, which may make you a bit dazzling. However, if you are not a fan of Apple Music, Spotify, and Pandora, you can try Google Play Music to enjoy great songs. You can also download the music on it for free, which is a good bonus for music lovers. This tutorial here will introduce this good music service of Google to all of you for reference.
Part 1: What is Google Play Music
Maybe you have no idea on what is Google Play Music. Don’t be upset, for this part will explain this concept to you.
1) In fact, Google Play Music is a popular music and podcast streaming service and online music locker, which is operated by Google Company. It was first launched in 2011, and now it has become one perfect competitor of Spotify, Apple Music and other music streaming services. This app has lots of good functions for you to experience.
2) As for Google Play Music free Vs paid, you can see the following introductions.
Free users can stream up to 50,000 of their own pieces of music for free across most platforms. Users can also enjoy curated stations that play great songs at no cost.
Google Play Music also offers free users with recommendations according to their taste, activity, mood, location and other factors.
Paid users are allowed to stream up to 40 million songs in their streaming library.
Paid users can store and listen to the music offline as well in the Google Play Music app.
After the payment, users can also enjoy ad-free and uninterrupted listening environment on Google Play Music.
Google Play Music now has provided the “All Access” subscription to users. They can get access to the YouTube Red as well after the payment.
Now if someone asks you “does Google Play Music cost money”, you can tell him or her that it depends on yourself. If one is satisfied with the free version, it is just OK. If he or she is fond of the all access, paying for the subscription will also be worthy.
Part 2: How to Use Google Music
After you have learned the basic introduction of Google Play Music, now you may desire to know how to use Google Music as well, such as how to create playlist, how to import playlist to Google Music, how to share Google Play Music and where is the Google Play Music download location, and etc. If you have enough time to read through the following paragraphs, these questions will be clear to you.
2.1 How to Create Playlist in Google Play Music
In Google Music app, you are able to create your own playlist as you prefer. You can mix albums, artists, and genres into a playlist that you are fond of. The following steps will show you how to make it.
1. Hit the menu icon with three dots beside the album or music you desire to add to your playlist. After that, click on “Add to playlist”.
2.Choose “NEW PLAYLIST” to click on and then name it as you prefer. If you would like to allow other Google Play Music users to get access to your playlist and you want to share this playlist to your friend, you can toggle “Public” option to the on state. After that, click on “CREATE PLAYLIST”.
3. If you want to add other pieces of music or album to this playlist, you just need to repeat the first step and then choose the playlist you have just created when the interface of “Add to playlist” shows up.
2.2 How to Import Playlist to Google Music
If you have got music playlists on iTunes or Windows Media Player, you can make use of Google Play Music Manager to import them to Google Play music. This is not tough to be realized with the direction of the steps shown below.
1. Download Google Play Music Manager and then install it on computer.
2. Run it and log into your Google account and you will see a few options in the interface, including iTunes, Windows Media Player, My Music folder and Other folders.
3. You can choose iTunes of Windows Media Player as the music collection location and then click “Next” button.
4. Click on Music Manager headphone icon and then choose “Preferences > Upload > Choose by playlist” successively. Afterwards, you need to tick the box next to the playlist that you desire to import to Google Play Music. Hit “Upload” to begin the importing process.
Note: You should know that if you remove the playlist in iTunes, this playlist will also be deleted from Google Play Music.
2.3 How to Share Google Play Music
As for how to share Google Play Music, check out the following steps to make it.
1. Run Google Play Music app and then click on the menu icon with three lines. Choose “My Library” or “Music library” after that.
2. Choose one piece of music or an album and then click on the menu icon with three dots.
3. Click on “Share” in the drop-down menu and then choose the method you want to share the song, such as Email, Bluetooth, Google Voice and etc. Afterwards, you need to follow the instructions on screen to finish the task.
2.4 Where is the Google Play Music Download Location
If you wonder where is the Google Play Music download location, here I will list its default path for your reference both on Android.
Part 3: What to Do If Google Play Music Not Working
What can you do when Google Play Music not working? Here are the tips for you to fix this issue.
1. Check data connection
Make sure that your device has been connected to a solid Wi-Fi network or a fast 4G LTE connection to support the smooth playing of Google Music.
You can also check out the network settings of your device.
2. Restart your device
You can try to restart your phone, tablet, or computer to fix this issue. In many times, a reboot can solve many small errors.
3. Check out the devices that are connected to Google Music account
Google only allows 10 devices to be connected to Google Play Music account at any given moment. If the limitation is reached, you can try to disconnect some devices to fix this issue.
Part 4: How to Download Google Play Music for Free
As for how to transfer music from Google Play to computer, maybe you have checked many materials for fixing this problem. Here I would like to recommend you make use of Leawo Music Recorder to reach your target. This tool can be used to recorded input audio and computer audio according to your demand to the format of WAV, MP3 or W4A.The following steps will show you the detailed process to make it.
Leawo Music Recorder
☉ Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
☉ Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
☉ Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
☉ Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
☉ Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 1: Choose Audio Source
Run the tool on computer and then choose “Record Computer Audio” to deal with how to download music on Google Play for free.
Step 2: Set Output Format and Output Folder
Hit the “Format” button and select “Output Format: mp3 Audio (*.mp3)”. You can also se the audio code, bit rate and sample rate as you prefer by using the “Audio Setting” function area.
Go to the “General” panel to set a computer folder to store the recorded MP3 files. Choose a language that you would like to apply.
Step 3: Record Google Play Music Song and Download MP3
Go back to the main interface of the tool and then hit the red button to begin to record Google Play Music song and you need to play back the Google Play Music song on computer simultaneously to allow the tool to record it. When the Google Play Music song is over, hit the red button once again to end the recording process
Step 4: Edit Recorded MP3
Right-click on the MP3 file to call out the “Music Tags Edit” panel. After that, you can change or add tags manually. Hit the “OK” button to confirm your changes.
This tool is quite useful on fixing how to download music on Google Play Music. If you want to test this solution on computer now, you can go to the official website to download this software right away and install it on computer to have a try. You will surely love its great functions after the first experience on recording music for free.
Except for Google Play, Music Recorder could also record YouTube audio, why not give it a try?