People often desire to record audios for professional and amateur purposes, which is quite common in modern society. The audio recording tools are various in the market. Each audio recording software has its own features, which can assist you a lot in daily life. Audacity is actually a terrific program for you to make use of when it comes to recording files. However, if you are fed up with this audio recorder, you can also turn to other similar tools for assistance to experience a more professional recording process. For the intention to realize this goal, you can read through this guidance to know some other great Audacity alternative. After learning all of them, you will be able to pick up the one that suits you most when you desire to record files.
Part 1: 5 Best Audacity Alternative Software 2021
To record files, there are numerous tools for you to choose in the market. Audacity is a good tool for you to make use of, for it is an open-source and free program. However, Audacity also has some flaws. As an Audacity user, maybe you just plan to find an alternative to Audacity to help you to record audios perfectly. In this part, I would like to lead you to take a closer look at top 5 Audacity alternative in 2021.
1. Leawo Music Recorder
Leawo Music Recorder is a gorgeous and simple audio recording tool that allows you to record files from any built-in input audio, computer audio and online audio sources. It enables you to save the recordings in the format of MP3 or WAV without any quality loss. This software is quite easy to handle. You can have a try with this tool to assist you to record and download audios whenever you like.
- ● It can record online or streaming audios from over 500 websites, such as YouTube, SoundCloud, etc.
- ● It is able to record various radio and podcasts like Mix Cloud, BBC Radio, etc.
- ● It can be used to record audio from microphone or other built-in input audio streams.
- ● It can be applied to record any music/audio being played on your local computer.
- ● It can manage audio or music recordings for much better listening experience.
- ● The music tag editor of it can help you to add music tags automatically and you can also use it to edit tags manually.
- ● You can use it to record music library and playlist in an effective way.
- ● With just one click, you can share the recorded files to iTunes simply.
Anchor is another good Audacity alternative for you to record voices, which is also easy to use for beginners. You can take advantage of this app to manage your podcasts effectively. All you need to do is download the app and join the recording at ease.
- ● It can assist you to record, upload, and edit audio whenever you like.
- ● It enables you to distribute and monetize your podcast from any device.
- ● It supports multiple contributors per recording.
- ● It allows you to get access to all recordings via the app, which requires no extra equipment.
- ● It can be used to upload voice messages via the app, and the mixing feature of it is also wonderful.
As a fantastic Audacity alternative, it is also commonly applied by users around the world. This tool can help you to record audios perfectly. It is compatible with lots of audio formats. It ranks high among all recording programs.
- ● It allows you to edit sounds and add audio effects at ease.
- ● It is equipped with the DirectX and Virtual Studio Technology DLL (VST) plugin, which enables users to get access to numerous additional tools and effects.
- ● It supports almost all kinds of audio and music file formats.
- ● The batch processing feature is quite useful.
- ● It has various advanced tools for you to apply to record and edit audios.
Ocenaudio can offer you great convenience when it comes to recording files. It is known as a cross-platform program, whose interface is a little technical. The interface of it is quite intuitive, which enables you to finish diverse audio recording tasks flexibly.
- ● This Audacity alternative is equipped with the Ocen Framework, which can improve the capabilities of this program to a great degree.
- ● It can record screen in case you need.
- ● It is highly rated among all similar platforms.
REAPER can be used to substitute Audacity, which is compatible both on Windows and OS X. It can offer you multiple features to record, edit, process, and mix audios. The hardware and digital format are diverse, which can provide you with great convenience.
- ● Its functions can help users to finish various audio tasks with high efficiency.
- ● It can be installed and run from a portable or network drive.
- ● Numerous third-party plug-in effects and virtual instruments are supported by this tool.
- ● The layout and interface of it is clear-cut.
Part 2: Audacity Tutorial to Record Audio
Audacity stands out as one powerful open-source audio recorder and editor. It is a robust tool, whose interface is a bit cryptic. The first time when you use it, you may feel a little confused. This software is totally free of charge. The following steps will show you one simple Audacity tutorial to instruct you to record audios at ease with Audacity.
Step 1: Monitor sound levels
Fire up Audacity on your computer and then navigate to the "Recording Meter Toolbar" to turn on and off the monitoring feature. Here you can also use the "Start Monitoring" or "Stop Monitoring" to help you. You can use various button built-in this tool to assist you to finish different recording tasks.
Step 2: Begin to record audio
After you set all features well, you can hit on the “Record” button in the Transport Toolbar to begin to record the audio you need. Remember to play back the audio resource beforehand. You can stop the recording at any time you like.
Step 3: Save recorded files
When the recording process comes to an end, you can make use of the “File” tab in the upper left corner of the screen and then hit on the button of “Export Audio”. A window will show up to allow you to choose a proper directory to save the recordings to the format of MP3, WAV, OGG, etc.
Step 4: Edit audio tags
This tool also allows you to edit the audio tags as you like. You can hit on the "Edit Metadata" window to add audio tags like Artist Name, Album Title and etc. Finally, you can hit on the "OK" button to begin to export the recorded files to the folder you have just set.
Part 3: How to Record Audio with the Best Audacity Alternative?
Since the operation of Audacity is a little complicated and the recordings quality is a bit low, here I would like to recommend you to deal with recording tasks with the best Audacity alternative — Leawo Music Recorder. Follow the instructions below and you will be clear on how to use Leawo Music Recorder to complete recording tasks with little effort.
Step 1: Download and install Leawo Music Recorder
Go to download Leawo Music Recorder from its official website, and then install it on your computer. It is a simple tool for you to install, which only costs you a few seconds.
- Record any sound from computer stream audio and built-in input audio.
- Record music from 1000+ music sites like YouTube, Facebook, Veoh, VEVO, etc.
- Schedule music recording via the internal recording task scheduler.
- Automatically/manually add and complete music tags like artist, album, cover, genre, etc.
- Save recorded musicfiles into either WAV or MP3 format for wide uses.
Step 2: Set audio source beforehand
Fire up the software to enter the main screen. Hit on the “Audio Source” icon to set the audio source according to your need. For recording online audio or streaming music, choose “Record Computer Audio” option. For recording built-in input audio like Mic, you need to hit on “Record Audio Input” option instead.
Step 3: Set output format
Continue to hit on the tab of “Format” and then select a proper audio format you need. For instance, you can choose “mp3 Audio (*.mp3)” as the target format. You can also adjust the audio parameters in the “Audio Setting” box on the basis of your need.
Step 4: Set output directory
Switch to the “General” tab, then click the folder icon to browse and choose destination to save output recordings in the “Output” box.
Step 5: Start recording audio with the best Audacity alternative
Hit on the “Start” button to begin to record your audio files. Remember to play back your audio source in advance. The Task Scheduler can be used to set the recording start time and duration.
Part 4: Comparison Between Audacity and Audacity Alternative
Here comes a chart for you to check out the differences between Audacity and the best alternative more clearly.
|Feature||Audacity||Leawo Music Recorder|
|Record internal audio||Yes||Yes|
|Record external audio||Yes||Yes|
|Record online audio||Yes||Yes|
|Automatically add music tags||No||Yes|
|Manually edit music tags||Yes||Yes|
|Apply recordings to iTunes||No||Yes|
|Easy to use||No||Yes|