If your iPhone is unfortunately lost, you may locate it with the "Find My iPhone" app, but if the iPhone doesn't have this app enabled, you'll have to kiss your iPhone goodbye. The data in your iPhone may have also lost permanently. Fortunately, if you have created an iPhone backup with iTunes or iCloud, you will still have a chance to find the lost data back.
But you are able to extract data from the iPhone backup of the lost iPhone and then back them up to computer. To achieve this goal, you will need a piece of iPhone data recovery software. I would like to introduce Leawo iOS Data Recovery to you. This software will help you extract data from lost iPhone backup and recover the data you need with no efforts. This software enables you to extract 12 kinds of files from iPhone backup and save them to computer, and in this way, you can keep the data of your iPhone safe. The following guidance will show you how to extract iPhone backup from lost iPhone, and you are allowed to free download Leawo iOS Data Recovery and have a try. Note that the trial version will stop at the preview window.
Method 1. How to Extract Data from iTunes Backup
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery after installing it, the software will show you three recovery modes in its main interface: Recover from iTunes Backup, Recover from iOS Device and Recover from iCloud Backup. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup and then the software will display all the backups you have made on this computer. Choose the backup of the lost iPhone and click "Scan" at the right bottom of the window.
2. The software will scan the contents in the backup, and the scan may take a while if your backup is large. The software will list the 12 categories in the left sidebar, and when the scan is done, the names of the categories will turn white. Choose the category you need ("Contact" for example), and then the contents will show up in the right part of the window. Check the files and then click the "Recover" button at the right bottom of the window.
3. After clicking the "Recover" button, you will see a pop-up dialog in the window. Click "Open" in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the recovered files. Then click "Go" at the right bottom of the dialog to extract data from iTunes backup. When the recovery process is done, you will get the files in the target folder.
Method 2. How to Extract Data from iCloud Backup
If you have a iCloud backup with your lost iPhone, you can also take advantage of the iPhone data recovery software to extract iPhone backup from iCloud backup after your lost iPhone. The guidance below will show you how to finish the task.
3. The iPhone data recovery software will scan the backup(s) in your iCloud and display one backup in the main interface. Double-click the backup or click "Download" at the right bottom to scan the iCloud backup. If you don’t want to scan the backup under this Apple ID, you can click "Log out" at the left bottom.
4. After clicking the "Download" button, Leawo iOS Data Recovery will start to download the iCloud backup if you are using the iCloud backup for the first time. The time of the download depends on the size of the backup. You can click "Cancel" to stop downloading the backup.
5. When the software finishes downloading the iCloud backup, it will start to scan the contents in the backup. When the scan is done, you can choose a category in the left sidebar, and then check the files in the right part to extract. Then click "Recover" at the right bottom to move to next step.
With the two methods above, you may have known how to extract iPhone backup from lost iPhone. As is mentioned, Leawo iOS Data Recovery enables users to extract 12 kinds of files from iTunes backup, and users will find that the exported files are saved in viewable files. With these files saved in your computer, you are able to manage them with no efforts. Leawo iOS Data Recovery also helps users to recover data from iOS devices directly, for example, recovering deleted iMessages from iPad. This multifunctional iPad, iPod touch and iPhone data recovery software is helpful for our daily life, if you are interested, check it out.