“How to transfer Books from iPad to computer – I have quite a few books downloaded to my iPad but would like to transfer books from iPad to computer. I just want to free up room on my iPad. I got a lot of things transferred/shared from iPad to PC but can’t figure out how to copy book from iPad to computer. Do you know how? I am really looking forward for your kindly help. Great thanks.”
– An Apple user posted on Apple Support Communities
When we read some good books on iPad, some of us would like to review them and try to back up books to our computer. However, quite a lot of Apple users are confused at how to transfer iBooks from iPad to computer. In fact, it is a piece of cake to solve this problem. Today, I would like to introduce three simple and efficient methods to teach you how to transfer books from iPad to computer.
Part 1: How to Transfer iBooks from iPad to Computer via E-mail
iBooks enjoy a function that allows you to share books via E-mail, message and other solutions. Therefore, you can simply learn how to transfer books from iPad to PC via e-mail by following these steps.
1. Open iBooks app on your iPad and select books you want to transfer.
2. Locate the content page of the selected book and tap on the shared icon at top right corner.
3. In the pop-up dialog, choose “Mail” and enter your e-mail address, then press “Send” in the upper right corner.
4. On your computer, log into the mail and receive the mail to download the books to your computer. See, it is really easy to figure out how to transfer books from iPad to PC.
Part 2: How to Transfer iBooks from iPad to Computer with iTunes
The most direct way to figure out how to copy book from iPad to computer is via iTunes. It is an effective way to back up iOS device data and a fantastic music player as well. You don’t need to download 3rd-party software to assist in transferring ibooks from iPad to computer. One thing need to be emphasized is that iTunes can only transfer purchased items. Therefore, if you want to transfer books from iPad to PC, you can only transfer purchased iBooks. Now, why not check the following steps to learn how to copy book from iPad to computer?
1. Connect iPad to computer via USB cable. Open the latest iTunes on computer. If iTunes is not the latest, follow the instructions to download the latest one. After that, iTunes will automatically recognize iPad and show the icon of iPad at top left side.
2. Go to “File > Devices > Transfer Purchases from ‘iPad'”, then iTunes starts transferring purchased books from iPad to your computer.
Part 3: How to Transfer Books from iPad to Computer without iTunes
What if you want to transfer books from iPad to PC without iTunes? Leawo iTransfer is capable of transferring data like books, photos, movies, TV shows, etc. between iPad, computer and iTunes. Within few clicks, you can complete two devices data transferring. What’s more, Leawo iTransfer pitches itself as a powerful transferring and backup tool. You can also take advantage of it to back up data to iTunes and computer. Different from iTunes, Leawo iTransfer enables users to transfer purchased and non-purchased items without limits. In other words, if you want to transfer books from iPad to PC, Leawo iTransfer allows you to transfer all kinds of books, purchased or non-purchased. Now let me illustrate how to transfer books from iPad to PC step by step.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Launch Leawo iTransfer
To copy books from iPad to PC, you need first to plug iPad to computer via USB cable. After downloading and installing Leawo iTransfer, open it. It will automatically recognize iPad and present iPad basic information on the right interface. You can have an overview of your iPad type, capacity, serial number and so forth.
2. Select books in iPhone library
In the left sidebar, navigate to “iPad > LIBRARY > Books”. You will see available books on your iPad. Hold “Ctrl” on your keyboard and click books you want to transfer. After that, right click the selected books to choose “Transfer to > My Computer”.
3. Transfer books from iPad to computer
A dialogue will pop up and check “Save to folder”, then clicking on “Change” to take a look at folders on computer and choose a destination folder. You could also check “Transfer to List: iTunes” to back up books to iTunes. Afterwards, choose “Transfer Now” and the software starts copying books from iPad to computer. At this time, it will show a progress bar to indicate the transferring process. Your computer will obtain books in a few seconds.