My friend Tom is a game zealot and he keeps playing the latest games. Recently, a problem haunts him much that he is afraid of app data losing after he change to another iPod Touch. How to transfer apps to iPod? I believe many of you are confused at how to transfer apps and data to a new iPod, right? Here I would show you some tips on how to transfer apps and data to a new iPod.
Part 1: How to Transfer App Data to iPod via iTunes
When I think about how to transfer apps and data to a new iPod, iTunes first comes to my mind. No matter when and where, iTunes is always the most straightforward way to transfer apps to iPod. It is more than a wonderful music application. To transfer apps to iPod, you can learn from these steps.
1. Open iTunes and make sure you have the latest version on your computer. Choose “Edit > Preferences > Prevent iPods, iPhones, and iPads from syncing automatically”.
2. Connect old iPod to your computer via USB cable. An iPod icon will show at the top left corner.
3. Click on iPod icon and head to “Summary”. In the right interface, choose “Backups > Back Up Now”. It will start backing up iPod content including app data to iTunes.
4. Disconnect iPod and plug another iPod Touch to computer via USB cable.You will see iPod Touch icon in the top left corner.
5. Click on the iPod icon and choose “Summary > Backups > Restore Backup”. Select the most recent backup from iTunes and make photos copy iPod to iPod.
That’s it. You must have an understanding of how to transfer apps to iPod via iTunes.
Part 2: How to Transfer App Data to iPod via iExplorer
The alternative to transfer apps to iPod is via iExplorer. It can be used to transfer music, apps, pictures between different iOS devices. If you want to transfer app data to iPod, you can take advantage of iExplorer.
1. Download the app with data you would like to transfer on your new iPod.
2. Connect old iPod to computer via USB cable. Open iExplorer and it will automatically scan old iPod.
3. Click on the arrow before iPod icon and it will show iPod categories. Locate Apps and click on the arrow before Apps to find apps you want to transfer data to new iPod Touch.
4. You can find Documents folder under app’s main folder. Copy it to the destination folder you want to save on your computer.
5. Disconnect old iPod but your new iPod to your computer. Go to “iPod > Apps” in the left sidebar and find Documents folder. Copy the data you just saved on your computer to this new iPod. In this way, you transfer app data to a new iPod.
Part 3: How to Transfer App Data to iPod via Leawo iTransfer
With a modern and concise interface, Leawo iTransfer supports to transfer different kinds of files including contacts, music, TV shows, movies, SMS, etc. between different Apple devices, iTunes and PCs. It helps you manage iOS device data like directly deleting duplicate songs or creating playlists. It doesn’t limit purchased or non-purchased content. In other words, you can easily transfer purchased and non-purchased items from a device to another device. Now let’s read how to transfer app data to iPod via Leawo iTransfer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Transfer app data from old iPod to computer
Step 1 Connect old iPod to computer
Launch Leawo iTransfer and connect old iPod to computer. The software can automatically detect iPod
Step 2 Select apps to transfer
Click on “iPod > LIBRARY > App” and you can see the app list on your old iPod. Select apps you want to transfer and right click them to choose “Transfer to > My Computer”.
Step 3 Transfer apps to computer
Choose a destination folder on computer in the pop-up dialogue and then tap on “Transfer Now” to transfer apps to the computer.
2. Transfer apps to iPod
Now you have apps and data on your computer. You only need to transfer them to your new iPod. On the contray, you could also backup App data from iPod to PC/Mac.
Step 1 Connect new iPod to computer
Now unplug old iPod and plug new iPod to computer via USB cable. In the left sidebar will show the library of new iPod.
Step 2 Upload apps and data to iPod
Go to “iPod > LIBRARY > App” and choose “Add > Add File/Folder” at top middle to upload apps and data from the computer to the new iPod Touch. The software will immediately transfer apps and data to the new iPod. Therefore, you succeed in transferring app data from old iPod to a new iPod. Quite simple via Leawo iTransfer? Right? Why not try it?