Tom had some books that he has not read completely on his iPhone, and he just wanted to continue to read the books on his iPad. However, they could not show up on iPad. He did not know why iBooks not syncing between iPad and iPhone. In order to fix why iBooks not syncing between iPad and iPhone, he came to me for help. Therefore, I provided him with some reasons on why iBooks not syncing between iPad and iPhone and with some methods to solve how to transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone. I’d like to share the tutorial with you in case you may also encounter the same issue.
To export books from iPad to kindle, read: How to Transfer Books from iPad to Kindle
- Part 1: Reasons for iBooks not Syncing between iPad and iPhone
- Part 2: How to Sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone through iBooks Store in detail
- Part 3: How to Sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone via Settings
- Part 4: How to Transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iTunes
- Part 5: How to Transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iTransfer
Part 1: Reasons for iBooks not Syncing between iPad and iPhone
The reasons for iBooks not syncing between iPad and iPhone are various.
1. Maybe it is due to the wrong settings of your iBooks on iPhone and iPad.
2. It may result from the malfunction of iTunes as well.
3. If the iBooks app works improperly, it will also not sync between iPad and iPhone.
No matter what the reason is, you can solve the problem of iBooks not syncing between iPad and iPhone easily by referring to this guidance. 3 methods will be introduced to you in the following content. If you want to know how to sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone, you can continue to read this tutorial.
Part 2: How to Sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone through iBooks Store in detail
When it comes to how to sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone, you can make use of the iBooks store to help you solve the problem. There are many kinds of books in the store of iBooks for you to read and download. With the help of iBooks store, you can realize your goal easily with several clicks. Follow me to check out how to transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iBooks store.
1. Tap iBooks app on iPhone. Log into the app with the same account that you are using on iPad.
2. Navigate to the “Purchased” option at the bottom right of the window and tap it. Click on the pervious purchased book category to choose the books you want to transfer to your iPhone. Then tap “Not on This iPhone”. Finally, you can tap the cloud-like button to download books you need to your iPhone.
As you can see, when you encounter iBooks not syncing between iPad and iPhone, there is no need for you to worry at all. You can manually download the books you need that you have on your iPad to your iPhone quite easily. This is not a tough work. Actually, you can also solve this issue via settings, iTunes and the third-party program. Let’s continue to look at how to sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone via settings.
Part 3: How to Sync iBooks from iPad to iPhone via Settings
The settings can also help you to solve how to sync iBooks between iPhone and iPad simply. This is the most direct way for you to solve the problem. If you do not know how to make it, you can refer to the detailed step below.
1. On your iPad, click on “Settings” on the Home screen and drag down to click on “iBooks”. Then you need to click on “Sync Bookmarks and Notes” or “Sync Collections” to enable the sync as you like.
2. On you iPhone, do as what you did on your iPad.
When the sync switches on iPad and iPhone are both turned on, the iBooks sync will begin, and you will be able to solve how to sync iBooks between iPhone and iPad with several clicks introduced in the above. If you are not fond of this method, you can also continue to look at how to transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iTunes in the fourth part of this guidance.
Part 4: How to Transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iTunes
You can take advantage of iTunes to solve how to transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iTunes. The speed is high and it is safe to use iTunes to transfer data and files. First you need to download and install the latest version of iTunes on computer. The specific steps are as below.
1. Connect iPad to PC via USB cable and then launch iTunes on computer.
2. Then click on the iPad icon in the left of the interface, and tap “Summary” panel.
3. In the right of the interface, click on “This computer” and then tap “Back Up Now” to begin to back up iPad to iTunes. Wait until the backup procedure is completed.
4. Connect your iPhone to your computer. Run iTunes and click on “iPhone icon > Summary > Restore Backup”. When a box pops up, you can choose the recent backup in the list. Finally click on “Restore” to transfer iBooks to iPhone.
When the transfer is over, you will be able to read the iPad books on your iPhone happily. However, other files and data on iPad will also be transferred to iPhone, which will take up lots of space on your iPhone. If you mind this shortcoming of the solution, you can use a professional tool to help you, which will be illustrated in the last part of this guidance.
Part 5: How to Transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iTransfer
Leawo iTransfer has a say on solving how to sync iBooks between iPhone and iPad. It can help users to transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and computers, and it can transfer iBooks data. The following tutorial will tell you how to transfer iBooks from iPad to iPhone with iTransfer.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Step 1. Launch Leawo iTransfer and Connect iPad and iPhone to Computer
Open Leawo iTransfer on your PC and then plug your iPhone and iPad into computer via matched USB cables.
Step 2. Check Out Books on iPad
Click on the iPad icon. Then tap “LIBRARY > Books”, which enables you to see all books on your iPad in the right of the window.
Step 3. Transfer Books to Computer
Select the books you want to transfer to computer by clicking on them. Then click the arrow-like button at the bottom right of the window. When a dialog pops up, tick “Transfer to List” and select a computer folder as the output path. Finally, you need to click on “Transfer Now” to begin to sync iBooks from iPad to computer. The transfer is viewable. When the transfer process is finished, you will get the iBooks on your iPad to your computer.
Step 4. Transfer Books from Computer to iPhone
To conclude, it is not easy to fix why iBooks not syncing between iPad and iPhone, but you can use other methods to transfer iBooks between iPad and iPhone. Therefore, it is not important to know the reasons of this issue, for you can refer to the solutions above to assist you easily.