Sometimes you may enter an interface alarming you that your Apple ID has been disabled. Why has Apple ID been disabled and what to do when Apple ID has been disabled. All problems will be solved in this article.
Part 1: Several Reasons Why Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled
If your Apple ID is locked, you might see one of these alarms:
- This Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons.
- You can’t sign in because your account was disabled for security reasons.
- This Apple ID has been locked for security reasons.
Apple ID has been disabled for security reasons, such as:
- You or someone else have entered your password incorrectly for so many times and the Apple ID is locked to protect your account.
- You didn’t answer the security questions or other account information correctly, and your Apple ID can not verify that you are the owner.
- Your Apple ID needs to be updated. If you didn’t update your Apple ID information as it requires, your ID will be disabled.
Part 2: What to Do When Apple ID Has Been Disabled
Don’t worry if your Apple ID has been disabled. Here I am to introduce 3 methods to deal with it.
Method 1. Fix the Issue on Apple Website (iforgot.apple.com)
You can use your email address or you phone number to unlock your Apple ID.
Unlock Apple ID by Email Address:
1. Visit Apple website (iforgot.apple.com), and you will see two instructions with one putting in your account and the other your password.
2. Enter your Apple ID and Password and you can unlock your iPhone.
3. If you can not remember your Apple ID, by clicking the bottom “Forgot Apple ID or password”, you will enter a new window.
4. The website will ask you a few security questions to ensure that you are the owner. You need to put in the same information of “your first name”, “your last name” and “email address” as you register the account. After typing the image of the character, click “Continue”.
5. If you enter the information correctly, the Apple ID will be found. And you can click the “Go to Your Account” to retrieve the Apple ID.
Unlock Apple ID by Phone Number:
1. Visit Apple website (iforgot.apple.com) and click “Forgot Apple ID or password” at the bottom.
2. Enter an interface in which you need to put in your email address.
3. Click “Continue”, you will get into a window where you need to put in your phone number.
4. Click “Continue” and enter “Unlock Account” window, it will ask you whether you want to unlock your account by your trusted phone number or one of your other devices.
5. Select either option whichever suits your situation and enter this interface, put in your phone number and click “Continue”.
6. Enter your password and click “Continue”, and you will find your Apple ID.
Method 2. Change your Apple ID Password
1. Launch iTunes on your computer and click “Sign in” at the top right of the window.
2. Select “Account Info” from the menu.
3. It will pop out a window and there’s a “Forgot” on it, click it.
4. Basically your Apple ID user name will be pre-populated (if you forgot your ID, see “Fix the Issue on Apple Website”), and click “Next”.
5. Then you will come to two options to prove that you are the owner of the Apple ID account: via email or using security questions. If you choose to verify by email, you will receive an email in your mail box, click the link on the email to verify. If you choose to use security questions, it will pop out some questions regarding you and the account. With the right answers you can be verified.
6. After finishing all this, you will be in a new window for you to enter your new password. Confirm the new password by putting it again, then you can reset your Apple ID password.
Method 3. Connect Apple Support
1. Visit Apple website (iforgot.apple.com) and you will find “Support” on the menu, click it.
2. You can search the support you need on the searching bar.
3. Or you click the “Contact support” on the top right to contact Apple staff.
Part 3: How to Recover Your Data When Your Apple ID Has Been Disabled
Sometimes when your Apple ID has been disabled, some of your unsaved data may have been lost. Instead of scratching your head and do nothing about it, you can download Leawo iOS Data Recovery from the website and retrieve all your data. Here’s the guides of how to recover your data:
2. On the main interface of program, choose “Recovery from iOS Device” and connect your iOS device to computer with the USB cable.
4. After scanning, you will enter an interface with left column showing recoverable data types and specific data showing on the right. Check “Only display the deleted items” option.
6. A window will pop out directing you to select files that you want to recover. You can choose to open the output folder right after the recovery is finished by checking the option.