Just like other smartphones, the latest flagship from Apple also suffers from signal issues. There have been reports that some iPhone X have been showing no service during usage. While this isn’t a common problem, it does bother some iPhone X users. On iPhone X no service or other issues often act up unexpectedly. To help you address this iPhone X no service issue, we’ve listed several simple solutions. If your iPhone X showing no service, try the solutions below before you seek professional help.
Solutions to the iPhone X No Service Issue.
1. Restart your iPhone X
While using iPhone X no service and other minor issues could be fixed by simply restarting your device. It’s a simple, effective and easily overlooked solution to a lot of small issues on all smartphones and other electronic products and it’s also applicable to iPhone X. When your iPhone says no services, try restarting it first before you do anything else.
To restart iPhone X, press and hold the On/Off button and one of the volume buttons at the same time. When the slider appears on the screen, drag it to the right to turn your iPhone X off. Wait until your iPhone X is completely turned off, press and hold the On/Off button again until you see the Apple logo emerge from the screen.
2. Reset network settings
Another simple and effective solution to this iPhone X no service issue is to reset your network settings. It works for a lot of other smartphones when they are showing signs of signal problems and iPhone X should be no exception.
Go to Settings>General>Reset and tap on Reset Network Settings.
3. Turn cellular data on and off
It’s been shown by several cases of iPhone networking issues that there’s an unusual connection between iPhone’s networking problems and cellular data. When iPhone says no service, try turning cellular data on and off to see if the no service problem is resolved.
Go to Settings>Cellular and tap on Cellular Data on the top to turn it on/off. Or you can do it in the Control Center as well.
4. Take out the SIM card and put it back in
This is also a solution to certain iPhone networking issues that can be easily overlooked when troubleshooting the issues. By taking the SIM card out of your iPhone X, you will also reset the network configuration, which might help fixing the problem.
5. Reset all settings on your iPhone X
If simply resetting network settings doesn’t work, try resetting all settings of your iPhone. You might have to set up certain things after the fact but it won’t delete your data like your apps, photos, videos, etc.
Go to Settings>General>Reset and select Reset All Settings.
6. Reset your iPhone X to factory settings
This would be the last solution you can resort to before you seek professional help. Note that by resetting your iPhone X to factory settings, all the data on your iPhone X will be wiped clean. So be sure to back up your iPhone X first before you do so.
Go to Settings>General>Reset and select Erase All Content and Settings.
How to Back Up iPhone X Before Restoring It to Factory Settings
In case you are not familiar with iTunes, here’s how to back up your iPhone X using iTunes.
1. Connect your iPhone X to your computer with the lightning cable that comes with the device and iTunes should launch itself automatically, if it doesn’t, manually launch it on your computer.
2. You should find the icon of your iPhone X in the upper left corner of the iTunes interface. Click on it to open Summary.
3. In the Backups area, select Back Up Now to back up your iPhone X with iTunes. And if you prefer, you can encrypt your iPhone with password by enabling the encryption options on the left.
How to Recover Lost Data After Factory Resetting iPhone X
If you forget to back up your iPhone before you reset your iPhone X to factory settings, then you might have just had all your files deleted from your iPhone. But it’s still possible to get some of them back. Try using Leawo iOS Data Recovery, it can help you recover Messages, Contacts, Call History, WhatsApp, Notes, Calendar, Reminders, Safari bookmark, Camera roll, Photo stream, Photo library, Message attachments, Voice memos, WhatsApp attachments from your iPhone.
Here’s how you can recover some of your lost files using this program.
1. Open this program on your computer, and then select the first option from the left which is Recover from iOS Device.
2. Plug your iPhone X to your computer, and the program will recognize your device real soon. And then click on the Start button to allow the program to scan analyze your iPhone X.
3. After the scan, you can check out your lost files in the program. Select those you want to recover and then click on the Recover button.
4. After clicking the Recover button, a window would emerge from the center of the interface. Click on the Open button on it to set the output directory for the files you are about to recover. And to start the file recovery, click on the Go button from below the Open button.<、p>
If your iPhone says no service, try the above-mentioned steps and it might be able to save you from the troubles of consulting a technician. Note that those solutions can not only be applied to iPhone X when iPhone X showing no service, they might also be applicable to other iPhone models.<、p>