You just bought a new iPhone 5s and your iPhone 5s won’t turn on, you suddenly felt it was the end of the world. Sometimes, it is not a big deal that your iPhone 5s won’t turn on, for there are many tricks to fix the problem "iPhone 5s/5c/4/4s won’t turn on".
Part 1: Why Won’t My iPhone Turn On
If your iPhone won’t turn on, it might be caused by numerous reasons such as software crash, hardware problem, etc. Let me tell you the reasons why my iPhone 5s won’t turn on.
- iPhone is out of power. This might be the reason that first comes to our mind when our iPhone won’t turn on. To testify whether our phone is out of power or not, you can charge your iPhone.
- iPhone encounters software crash. Software crash will result in many issues, such as "iPhone won’t turn on", no network, etc. When your iPhone won’t turn on, you might think about it.
- Some apps are not compatible with your iPhone. Sometimes, that apps are incompatible with iPhone will also cause "iPhone won’t turn on".
- Hardware problem occurs on iPhone. If it is hardware problem, it will be a little tricky. You have to go to repair shop to fix your iPhone.
- The jail breaking of iPhone. When you make iPhone jaibreak, sometimes it may cause "iPhone won’t turn on".
Part 2: Solutions to Fix iPhone Won’t Turn on
When your iPhone screen went black and won’t turn on, you can follow these basic and simple methods to solve the problem that "why my iPhone 5s won’t turn on" or " why my iPhone 5c won’t turn on".
1. Charge your iPhone
You might think it negligible to fix “iPhone won’t turn on” by charging iPhone. In fact, this method does a lot help. To check if the problem is caused by this reason, you can plug in your iPhone into charger or computer. After it charges for a while, turn on iPhone again by holding on/off button.
Notes: plug iPhone into a high-powered USB source such as mains charger.
2. Restart iPhone
To restart iPhone, please follow these steps:
- Press and hold down Sleep/Wake button and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds.
- An Apple logo will show up and it means you succeed in restarting iPhone.
- Hold down on/off button at the top for a few seconds. A slider will appear to hint you to turn it off.
- When it turns off, hold on/off button again to restart iPhone.
3. Reset iPhone
Some people might think it will result in data loss when you reset iPhone. In fact, it only clears the device’s memory. So just relax to learn how to reset iPhone so as to fix iPhone won’t turn on.
- Hold down on/off button and Home button simultaneously for 10 seconds( hold down on/off and volume button on iPhone 7).
- When the shut-down slider shows up, keep holding on/off button and Home button.
- When Apple logo appears, release on/off button and Home button and let iPhone start again.
4. Restore iPhone to factory settings
Before you restore iPhone to factory settings, you have to back up all your data, for this operation will erase all the data and settings on iPhone.
- Plug in Lightening/Dock Connector port via iPhone’s USB cable.
- Hold iPhone Home button (hold Volume button on iPhone 7).
- When holding down Home button, plug the other end of USB to computer.
- iTunes will open, then release Home button. Now you can restore iPhone to factory settings.
5. Put iPhone into DFU mode
Sometimes, the reason why your iPhone won’t turn on is that you jailbreak your iPhone or you update system under the circumstance of low battery. At this time, you can put iPhone into DFU mode:
- Connect iPhone to computer and hold down on/off button for 3 seconds and release the button.
- Hold on/off button and Home button (hold volume down button on iPhone 7) simultaneously for 10 seconds.
- Let on/off button go and keep holding Home button for 5 seconds. When iPhone went black and nothing happed, you put iPhone into DFU mode. Then follow the instructions on screen.
Part 3: How to Back up from iPhone to Computer with Leawo iTransfer
When we are fixing the problem "iPhone 5s won’t turn on", we have to back up iPhone data first. To back up iPhone files, Leawo iTransfer is the top choice. It allows users to transfer photos, images, videos, SMS, tones and contacts between iPhone, iPad, computers and iTunes. In this way, you can easily back up iPhone files from iPhone to computer. To back up iPhone data to computer, please follow these steps:
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Download and install this iTransfer on your computer. The below steps would show you how to back up data and file from iPhone to computer.
Step 1: Open the software
Open the software and connect iPhone to computer through USB cable. You can see iPhone detected in the software. The detailed information of iPhone is listed in the left sidebar.
Step 2. Choose iPhone data and files
Choose one of category in the iPhone library, here we take music transfer for example. Go to iPhone library > Music and you can see a list of music displayed in the right interface. Select all items you need to back up and right click to choose "Transfer to > My Computer".
Step 3. Back up iPhone data and files to comptuer
A pop-up dialogue will ask you choose target output directory and click "Change" to browse your computer and choose target output directory on computer. After that, click "Transfer Now" to start backing up iPhone to computer.
With Leawo iTransfer, you could transfer multiple data and files like music, video, photos, etc. between iOS devices, iTunes and computer. If you’re using a Mac computer, you could make use of Leawo iTransfer for Mac.