Some people are unfamiliar with the words bricked iPhone. What is a bricked iPhone? In general, a bricked iPhone is a device that does not work. The direct metaphorical meaning is that the device is permanently damaged (making it as useless as a brick), but people use the term “bricked” for non-working conditions which range from easy to fix (such as a failed update) to impossible to fix. A phone may be called bricked if it will not boot, respond to input, or make any call, etc. One of the most often phone we saw turned bricked is iPhone.
Possible causes of a bricked iPhone
Below are several possible causes of a bricked iPhone.
- 1. If you have downloaded some apps from an unsafe or strange resource which may have contain some virus, it could lead to a bricked iPhone.
- 2. While you are upgrading your iPhone, there’s a chance that it may suddenly turn to a bricked iPhone.
- 3. If you jailbreak your phone in a wrong way, it can cause bricked iPhone problem.
- 4. There is some malicious software in your computer, and it will infect your iPhone when you connect your iPhone to the computer.
- 5. Sometimes, your iPhone might turn bricked during software update while your iPhone battery drain off suddenly.
How to fix a bricked iPhone?
A bricked iPhone undoubtedly can ruin our day. Does it mean that we cannot do anything to make things better? How to fix a bricked iPhone? Hereby, I will introduce you some methods and I do hope it can solve your problem on how to fix a bricked iPhone.
#1. Reboot the bricked iPhone
It might sound simple but sometimes all you need is just a simple reboot.
- 1. Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a while.
- 2. Drag the slider to the right to turn off your iPhone.
- 3. Wait for a few seconds after it’s turned off and then press and hold the Sleep/Wake button again to turn it back on.
#2. Restore bricked iPhone via iTunes
- 1. Launch iTunes in your computer and connect your iPhone to computer with a USB cable.
- 2. After the iPhone icon is shown, click on it to enter the Summary page.
- 3. Then click Restore iPhone button which is on the right-hand side of the screen.
- 4. When a window appear to ask whether you want to restore the iPhone, confirm it.
- 5. Wait around 15 minutes for your iPhone to restore to factory settings.
#3. Restore iPhone in DFU Mode
A DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade mode) restore is a special kind of iPhone restore that wipes both software and hardware settings. This method sounds familiar to someone who has tried to jailbreak as DFU mode, for it is generally necessary in the jailbreaking process as it’s usually used for recovery purposes. However, please note that DFU restoring will delete all data from your device. But a DFU restore will almost always fix a bricked iPhone.
- 1. Run iTunes in your PC and plug your iPhone to your PC.
- 2. Press and hold the Sleep / Wake button and Home Button together for about 8 seconds.
- 3. Release the Sleep / Wake button but continue to hold the Home button until iTunes appears a window saying iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. You must restore this iPhone before it can be used with iTunes.
- 4. Click the button OK, then the bricked iPhone will be completely black later if you have successfully entered DFU mode. Then use iTunes to restore your bricked iPhone.
If all of the above methods did not work, then there might be something wrong with the hardware or software and you should probably contact Apple for help.
How to recover data when data loss occurs in iPhone?
If you didn’t back up your iPhone previously, you will lose your data when restoring your iPhone with iTunes. But there’s a chance that you can still get them back. Leawo iOS Data Recovery is a powerful data retrieval program designed for data recovery for iOS devices. With it you can easily recover loss data from your iPhone.
Here’s how to recover data from iPhone using Leawo iOS Data Recovery.
1. Launch the program and on the interface, click Recover from iOS Device.
2. You would see a device list, select your iPhone on the list and then connect your iPhone to your computer with a USB cable. And when the program recognizes your iPhone, click Start to allow the program to scan your iPhone.
3. When the scanning is completed, you should see all the recoverable types of data listed on the left side of the interface, click on each type of data to check out the related files and selec those you want to recover. And then click Recover in the bottom right.
4. A popup would appear on the interface, click Open in the popup to select a folder to store the files you’ve chosen to recover and click Go to start recovering the chosen data.
A bricked iPhone is savable most of the time and as long as you follow the right instrucitons, your iPhone should be back to normal in no time.