Nowadays, people tend to adopt iPhone or iPad to listen to music, instead of iPod. However, for some people, many songs in iPod mean a lot to them and they would like to copy music from iPod to Mac. The question is they have no idea how to copy music from iPod to Mac. The following guidance will illustrate how to copy music from iPod to iTunes.
Solution 1: How to Copy Music from iPod to iTunes Mac
iTunes is really a wonderful gadget to organize and enjoy music. It offers users unlimited access to myriads of songs, movies and books. When we need to copy iPod music to Mac, iTunes is really helpful to sync music from iPod to Mac with ease. However, you have to note that iTunes can only transfer purchased items and will clear all non-purchased items. Now let’s learn how to copy music from iPod to iTunes Mac.
1. Open iTunes and go to Edit > Preference > Devices to check "Prevent iPods, iPhones and iPads from syncing automatically". This step is really important, for if you don’t do this, it might clear all iPod data.
2. Press and hold Option and Command keys when you plug your iPod to Mac. Remember not to release them until you see iPod appear in iTunes. After that, iTunes will notice you iPod is running in Safety mode. Click "Quit" button in iTunes and now Mac can access iPod. In other words, you can see it on Mac desktop. If not, go to Finder menu > Preferences > General to make sure you already check boxes labeled CDs, DVDs and iPods.
3. Usually iPod files are invisible at the moment. To get these files visible, you have to launch Terminal, located at /Applications/Utilities/ and then copy/paste the following commands. Press the return key after you enter each line.
defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles TRUE
4. Now you can see iPod Control folder. Open it and you can copy and paste music files to another folder on Mac.
5. Launch iTunes again and go to Preferences > Advanced to check "Keep iTunes Music folder organized" and " Copy files to iTunes Music folder when adding to library". Click "OK" when it is done.
6. Head to File > Add to Library and choose the folder containing music files you need. Afterwards, click "Open". In this way, you finish to copy music from iPod to iTunes Mac.
Solution 2: How to Copy Music from iPod to Mac via Leawo iTransfer
Without the limit to transfer non-purchased items, Leawo iTransfer for Mac is able to transfer music, photos, TV shows, e-books, contacts, etc. between iOS devices, computer and iTunes. It supports to back up iPhone files to Mac and iTunes in an easy and simple way. With this powerful software, you can easily copy iPod music to Mac.
☉ copy files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ copy up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
Download and install this iTransfer on your Mac computer. Here are the steps to copy music from iPod to Mac with the help of Leawo iTransfer for Mac in detail.
Step 1. Connect iPod to Mac computer
Connect iPod to Mac with USB cable and start Leawo iTransfer. Leawo iTransfer is able to automatically detect iPod.
Step 2. Choose music to transfer
Go to iPod > Library > Music and select music in the right interface. Click the transfer button at bottom right.
Step 3. Transfer music from iPod to Mac computer
A box will pop up, check "Save to Folder" and choose output directory on Mac. Now click "Transfer Now" to start to copy iPod music to Mac.
Solution 3: Copy iPod Music to Mac via iExplorer
If you ask me how to copy music from iPod to Mac, I will introduce iExplorer to you without hesitation. It facilitates to transfer different files from Apple devices to computer, including music, photos, SMS, voice memos and so forth. The following steps will help you learn how to copy music from iPod to Mac.
1. Connect iPod to computer with USB cable and launch iExplorer.
2. On the Device Overview screen (or Media Library in the left sidebar), tap on "Music" button.
3. After your media loads, you can select music in the main window by holding "Command" and simply drag & drop them to copy iPod music to Mac.