When we use iPhone, we will always take portable power source with us. Besides, as the bigger the screen of iPhone gets, the faster the battery of iPhone runs. Therefore, we need to know how to charge iPhone faster. If you are an user of iPhone 6 Plus, you may wonder how to make iPhone 6 Plus charge faster. Let’s learn solutions on how to get iPhone to charge faster and tips on reducing iPhone battery consumption.
Part 1: Solutions on How to Charge iPhone Faster
The followings are solutions on how to charge your iPhone faster.
1. Adopting iPad charging adapter
Using iPad charging adapter to adopt higher electricity can help you solve the problem about how to make your iPhone charge faster. Power adapter of iPad is 12W, 2.1A, compared to the 5W, 1A adapter that comes with iPhone. Usually, a full charge may take about 3 hours for my iPhone 7 with the 5W adapter and just over 2 hours with the 12W adapter. Obviously, iPad charging adapter will be faster than iPhone charging adapter.
2. Shut down iPhone during charging
If you wonder how to get your iPhone to charge faster, you can turn the phone off when the phone is charging. By turning your phone off, you are stopping its needs for power for operate the screen and run applications. Keeping your phone off will make your phone charging faster.
3. Turn into Airplane Mode during charging
Here are two ways to turn Airplane Mode on:
1. From the lock or home screen swipe from the bottom of the screen up.
2. Turn on the icon of Airplane Mode on the left part.
3. You can see the icon of Airplane Mode on the left part of the top.
You can navigate to Settings>Airplane Mode. Airplane Mode button is the first item at the top. Turn on Airplane Mode which means you can’t receive phone calls, messages, or surf the Internet. For my iPhone 7, it charges almost twice when using both iPad charging adapter and Airplane Mode. Finally, please remember to turn Airplane Mode off when your phone is fully charged.
4. Update iPhone hardware
Updating iPhone hardware can also help you to solve the problem about how to get your iPhone to charge faster.
5. Proper battery management
You may wonder how to make iPhone charge faster. Actually, Proper battery management is more important than fast charging. If you have a proper battery management, your iPhone can not only charge faster but also has the longest life. Apple recommends that you can go through at least one full charge cycle every month, which means you should charge your phone to 100% and let it fully discharge until it turns off by itself, which keeps the electrons in the battery flowing and makes the battery has the longest life.
Part 2: 10 Tips on Reducing iPhone Battery Consumption
We all know that as the bigger the screen of iPhone gets, the faster the battery of iPhone runs. And we often complain that the battery of iPhone is not durable. Thus, it is important to learn battery maintenance. Here are 10 tips on reducing iPhone battery consumption.
1. Charge on time. You shouldn’t charge your iPhone until it turns off by itself. When the power is 20% or more, you can charge your phone.
2. You had better not use your iPhone when it is charging. Using iPhone when charging will make iPhone in high temperature, which is a great harm to iPhone.
3. Keep it cool. Apple states that "heat will degrade your battery’s performance the most" and advises that you "keep your iPhone out of the sun or a hot car including the glove box".
4. Do not unplug frequently. Frequent unplugging does great harm to the battery.
5. Go through at least one full charge cycle every month, which means you should charge your phone to 100% and then completely running it down.
6. When your iPhone is hot, please do not use it at the moment. Otherwise, the battery will be overburdened, which quickens the battery’s service life.
7. Please do not charge for too long.
8. Turn apps and notifications off.
9. You had better do not use GPS on iPhone, because its power consumption is big.
10. When your iPhone charges to 100%, you had better let it charge for more than 1 hour.