If you are being bothered by some unwanted text messages from advertising companies or internet marketers who want to products or services to you, or if you are receving some unwanted text messages from someone you actually know in your life, you may be frustrated and are wondering about how to block text messages on iPhone, especially for these spam messages.
The good news is that you are able to block these messages on your iPhone with ease. In this post, we will go through several methods which you can use to block text messages on iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad. And if you accidentally delete some important messages during the process of blocking text messages on iPhone, the post also provide you an easy-to-use tool to recover them. Click the guidance below to know how to do that.
Part 1. How to Block Text Messages on iPhone
1. Via Messages App
This works really well for blocking text messages on iPhone, like some unknown spammers, advertising companies and internet marketers bothering you with promotions and offers for products that are not at all related to your interest. These steps will block only those unknown callers that you choose to block. The detailed steps are as follows:
1. Go to the Messages app.
2. Tap on the target message from the spammer.
3. Choose “Details” on the top right hand corner and tap on it.
Note: Once you press on Block Contact, the phone number that you just blocked won’t be able to make phone calls, send text messages, or Facetime you.
2. Via Contacts App
Sometimes the contacts or the callers that you want to block are known to you and are listed in your Contacts. It is possible that this particular contact are always sending you text messages that you do not want to receive or you may have other reasons for blocking text messages on iPhone from these known contacts. In this case, you can block them via Contacts app.
1. Go to your stock Phone app, then tap on the Contacts menu.
Note: After pressing the Block Contact button, you will not receive phone calls, messages, or Facebook from the contacts on the block list. Keep in mind that the contacts will not disappear, but continue to display on your Contacts list.
3. Via Settings
The third effective method that you are able to make use of to block text messages on iPhone is to block them via Settings. And you can block the known contacts via Settings with following steps.
3. To add a new blocked contact, simply select “Add New” under “Blocked”. This will automatically open up your address book to find all your contacts on your iPhone. Find the name of the person to block the contact. Once you select the contact, it will be placed under blocked and will not be able to contact you either via calls or via messages.
Part 2. How to Recover Deleted Text Message from iPhone
Sometimes you may delete important text messages by accident when you are blocking text messages on iPhone. And you want to find an easy way to recover them from iPhone. With iTunes and iCloud, you are able to recover deleted text messages from iPhone easily. But sometimes you only want to recover deleted text messages separately, and don’t want to erase all the settings and contents on your iPhone to restore with iTunes or iCloud. At this moment, a piece of iPhone data recovery software will be helpful.
1. Run Leawo iOS Data Recovery on your computer, and choose Recover from iOS Devices and connect iPhone to computer with the USB cable. The program will recognize and analyze your iPhone.
2. After the analysis of the iPhone, Leawo iOS Data Recovery will start to scan the contents in the tablet. Choose “Messages” in the sidebar, and check “Only display deleted items” at the left bottom, then the deleted messages will show up in the right part of the window. Check the messages you want to recover and click the “Recover” button at the right bottom.
3. After clicking the recover button, you will see a pop-up dialog. Click “Open” in the dialog to choose a folder on your computer to save the exported messages. Then click “Go” to start recovering deleted text messages from iPhone.
Part 3. Related Tip: How to Unblock A Contact on iPhone
If you want to unblock a contact for some reasons, you can also finish the task with the following steps. Unblocking a contact is as easy as blocking them from your settings.
1. Go to “Settings”. As previously mentioned, this is where all the settings on the iPhone are located. Select “Messages”, then select “Blocked”. All blocked contacts will be revealed on the list. Select “Edit” at the top of the screen.