If you are a user of iOS devices, you must have thought how to save photos on iCloud to save the storage space of iPhone or iPad and to avoid the lost of pictures. This article will show you 4 different ways to save pictures to iCloud, which can help you solve this problem. The first part will tell you how to save photos to iCloud via settings on iOS devices directly. The second part will illustrate on how to save pictures on iCloud with windows explorer. In the third part, you can learn how to save photos to iCloud on Mac with photos app. The last part will introduce you how to save pictures to iCloud with iTransfer on Mac and PC.
Part 1: How to Save Photos on iCloud via “Settings” on iOS Devices
For the problem of “how do I save photos to iCloud”, you can solve it via settings on iOS devices . Here, I will set iPhone as an example. The following are the details.
1. Launch the “Settings” on your iPhone.
2. Click your “Name/Apple ID” on the top of the panel.
3. Tap “iCloud” and then tap “Photos” to turn the “iCloud Photo Library” to “ON” state, then pictures will be saved to iCloud automatically. (If you want to optimize the photo storage, you can turn either “Optimize iPhone Storage” or “Download and Keep Originals” in the same panel to “ON” state.)
This way is quite easy to solve the problem about “how do you save photos to iCloud” with simple steps. In this way, you can see those pictures you saved to iCloud on your other iOS devices after iCloud sync. You should know that the free storage space is only 5GB, but you can purchase more space in case you need.
Part 2: How to Save Photos to iCloud with Windows Explorer
If you are using a Windows, then you can try another way to solve the problem of “how do I save my photos to iCloud”. The method is to use Windows Explorer. The following are the detailed steps. Here I will also set iPhone as an example
1. Connect your iPhone to a PC with a USB cable.
2. Tap “Computer” icon on your desktop, then find your iPhone as the following picture.
3. Tap “iPhone>Internal Storage>DCIM” to browse and choose pictures you want to save. You’d better create a new folder to store those pictures you choose to your convenience.
4. Open “iCloud” on your PC and then log in the same Apple ID as on your iPhone.
5. Choose “Photos” and then click “Options” in the panel. Then tick “iCloud Photo Library & Upload new photos and videos” and then tap “Done” to return to the first interface. Last please tap “Apply” to complete this procedure.
This is an easy way to solve the problem of “how to save pictures to iCloud”. You can have a try now to test its convenience.
Part 3: How to Save Photos to iCloud on Mac with Photos App
This part will introduce you to use photos app to solve the problem. You can save pictures to iCloud on Mac via photos app. Now let’s have a look.
Step 1: Sign in to iCloud on your iOS devices and open “Photos” app on Mac.
Step 2: Tap “Preferences”, then choose “iCloud”.
Step 3: Choose the “iCloud Photo Library” checkbox to turn it on. You will see that there are two options for you to select:
1) Download Originals to this Mac: This option allows you to store original photos both on your Mac and in iCloud, and you can always see them even when offline.
2) Optimize Mac Storage: This option is useful when your Mac’s disk space is limited, and it allows you to store smaller versions of your pictures, and keeps the original photos in iCloud. If you would like to restore the originals back to your Mac, just select “Download Originals to this Mac.” Restoring the original photos may take some time, which depends on the size of your photo library.
After you turn on “iCloud Photo Library”, there will no need for you to worry the problem of “how do I save my photos to iCloud”, for this function will automatically do it.
Part 4: How to Save photos to iCloud with iTransfer on Mac and PC
Leawo iTransfer is a powerful program, which provides photos, videos, music and other files transfer function for iOS devices, iTunes and PCs. It can backup files of iOS devices, iTunes and PCs as well. If you want to save pictures to iCloud, you can use Leawo iTransfer to finish this process. The transfer speed is high, and it does not need fast network. The following show you how to save photos to iCloud from iPhone with Leawo iTransfer on PC as an example. The first thing you need to do is download and install Leawo iTransfer on your computer. How do you save photos to iCloud? The following tutorial will teach you step by step.
☉ Transfer files among iOS devices, iTunes and PCs with ease.
☉ Transfer up to 14 kinds of data and files without iTunes.
☉ Support the latest iOS devices like iPhone 7, iPhone 7 Plus, etc.
☉ Play back, view, and delete data and files on iOS devices.
1. Connect Your iPhone to a PC
Connect your iPhone to a computer with iCloud and Leawo iTransfer.
2. Open Leawo iTransfer
Open Leawo iTransfer and you will see the interface as below because it will recognize your iPhone automatically.
3. Locate Photos of Your iPhone
Tap “Photos” under the panel of “LIBRARY” of your iPhone on the left sidebar.
4. Save Pictures on Computer
Select photos you want to save from the right box and then right click to select “Transfer to>My Computer”, and at last on the pop up panel, you need to select one folder to save photos on your computer and click “Transfer Now” on the bottom right.
5. Open iCloud and Log in Your Apple ID;
Open iCloud on your PC and log in the same Apple ID as on your iPhone.
6. Save Pictures to Your iCloud
Choose “Photos” and then click “Options” in this panel. Then tick “iCloud Photo Library & Upload new photos and videos” and then tap “Done” to return to the first interface. Finally, tap “Apply” to complete this procedure.
Leawo iTransfer can realize the procedure about how to save pictures to iCloud. It will only take a short time to finish the procedure. Even when the network is weak, it can also realize photo transfer with high speed and safety. If you use Mac computer, you can use Leawo iTransfer for Mac.
These 4 ways are convenient for you to use to save photos on iCloud. You can choose one method and have a try now.
Once you successfully save photos to iCloud you can remove photos on iCloud by referring to How to Remove iPhone from iCloud